Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would anything negative happen if I were to remove the convertor and go straight pipe? Will it damage my engine or cause a loss in horsepower, I have to either replace it or go straight pipe cause mine is clogged resulting in the EGR valve and sensor to burn up and the truck to run horrible. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
356 Posts
yes! you can get arrested by the smog police and go to jail. not to mention you'll probably lose your registration. or do you plan to go race only?

·
Registered
477 Posts
If you have a smog test there, leave it or get a new high flow cat (which would be better of course), and if theres just a visual inspection, take it out and gut the stuff out of it. If theres no checks at all you can usually get away with straight piping it. Ive had my tbird straight piped forever now.

·
Registered
238 Posts
yes! you can get arrested by the smog police and go to jail. not to mention you'll probably lose your registration. or do you plan to go race only?
you dont get arested or go to jail or loose your registration

you get a ticket at most and at the least you get a non inspection and have to get one put on.....

·
Banned
355 Posts
If your in Oklahoma. remove it. as we dont have emission checks :banana:
check the local laws in washington if your moving.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Wow thanks for all the responses. Good thing to hear it wont hurt the truck. I will have to check the laws in Washington to see about the whole emissions thing. I know that last time I lived there we didnt have inspections but then again that was 5 years ago. I know Oklahoma doesnt have any tests or anything, but now I just wonder if I get pulled over can they tell and will it reap a ticket?

Well after looking up somethings online, I think I am going to just have it replaced at this time as the fine for not having one is pretty steep and really dont want to have to pay should some unfortunate circumstance allow for anyone to fine me. Thanks for all the help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts