Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i was just driving around the neiborhood when the boost guage is pointing at 0 and cel came on and saying i have a code 24 ran great and outta nowhere this happens im puzzed

·
Registered
90 Daytona Shelby, 96 Jeep XJ, '13 300C
5,938 Posts
Code 24 has nothing to do with the boost gauge. If you have a problem with your boost gauge then you will need to elaborate more on your problem. Your initial question was involving code 24.

Fault Code 24

·
Registered
90 Daytona Shelby, 96 Jeep XJ, '13 300C
5,938 Posts
also is it ok for the battery guage to be reading 18 volts?
No it is not. Use a voltmeter and check your voltage at the battery with the car running. If that also says 18 volts, shut it off and begin diagnostics to solve an overcharge condition. Overcharging will damage your battery, computer, and possibly start blowing bulbs and such. It's not pretty.

If you have 12-14 volts at the battery with the car running, I would suspect your gauge is shorting out.

·
Administrator
25,548 Posts
Code 24 is TPS Voltage High or Low.
With the key on/engine off backprobe the Signal and Signal Return line with a digital voltmeter and read the voltage.
At closed throttle voltage should be between .30-1.00 volts.
As you slowly sweep(open) the throttle watch the voltage, it should rise steadily and consistantly with no drop or spikes.
WOT voltage must be over 3.50 volts.

The boost gauge is purly mechanical with a vacuum/pressure line connected to the back which comes from underhood.
If the gauge reads 0 all the time you have lost the vacuum/pressure source.

As already stated verify charging voltage at the battery.
If it is reading high you have an overcharging issue and should have a Code 41 and/or Code 46 stored in memory.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts