Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys..

Im a litle confused here, I have a 4puck Centerforce clutch which I've bought from Cindy, and the questions is how much do I need to wait within the break-in period in order to get a good clutch ?

somebody told me 1000miles, and other says 1600miles :mad: but checking in the centerforce page I saw this:

Break-In: All Centerforce clutches require a break-in period of 450-500
miles of stop-and-go street driving before applying full engine power. This
period is required to properly seat the disc with the pressure plate and
flywheel.

So I think thats correct... 500miles sounds good for me, but what about you guys ??... any experiences on this clutches?

Thanks.

·
Registered
674 Posts
I think with the 1000 mile reccomendation they just figure you will be doing some highway miles too, in effect doing nothing for break in.

Sooo, how do you like it? Chatter? Grabby? Pedal pressure? Streetable enough for a semi daily driver, say 3-4 days a week?

Alan

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think with the 1000 mile reccomendation they just figure you will be doing some highway miles too, in effect doing nothing for break in.

Sooo, how do you like it? Chatter? Grabby? Pedal pressure? Streetable enough for a semi daily driver, say 3-4 days a week?

Alan
I will use the car mainly for the strip, but sometimes I will drive it when my DD is broken, so I want a semi streetable car and reliable for the strip :fingersx:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts