Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So tommorow I will buy a fuel pump kit (complete) for $225 + Tax. Ouch. I will run a diagnostic (NAJ) before buying but I figger its gonna be the pump. My baby is a 88 daytona 2.5 EFI non turbo. Is it true what they say about not having to drop the tank on a Daytona? Should I replace the fuel hoses to and from tank? I have 141,000 miles on it. I will get a filter too. If I cant afford the fuel pressure tester is there a poor mans way to test the fuel pressure?

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
I just replaced the fuel pump on my 92 R/T. I didn't have to drop the tank. I did have to lower the tank a little to get the pump out. But the earlier style may clear without it. I ended up dropping my tank all the way out after I saw what was on the filter of the pump assy to clean out the tank.
Tim

·
Registered
9,290 Posts
if you jack the car up enough that the rear can fall free i know i was able to get the pump out of 84 without taking the tank down or anything. also replace any line thats questionable looking

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
. If I cant afford the fuel pressure tester is there a poor mans way to test the fuel pressure?
Go to "Grainger" and get a t and a cheap pressure gauge and clamp it between the fuel rail and the feed line.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts