Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had kind of a strange question I've noticed that ther are some cars with my same t1 blow through intake . But thay have a charge air sensor. I've been told that it is because the cars that have it are intercooled. Is this true? And since I will be intercooling my t1 do I need one as well? And is ther a way to integrate it into my wiring harness? I've noticed ther is a spot on my intake were the charge air sensor goes. It just has to be drilled and taped. Or do I even need to bother with it?

·
Premium Member
2,479 Posts
I've heard & read arguements both ways. The blow through T-I's didn't use a temp sensor because supposedly, the small mitsu turbo generated a pretty consistent warm air flow through the intake. On the intercooled motors, the temp varied because of intercooler efficiency at different speeds. So they needed it for tuning in that instance.

BUT, I've also read that given where Chrysler put the temp sensor in the intake, it heat soaked so quickly that it really didn't do anything except at first start up before the manifold heat soaked...

With a proper tune, I'm not sure it's needed. Especially if you use a garrett turbo, they tend to generate less heat than the small mitsu...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts