Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Not everything I was hoping for, but after trapping 136mph last year and not running the car into the 10's.....I'll take it!

This was our only wknd of racing this year and after breaking the left lower control arm on the first pass at Saturdays TnT it really wasn't looking too good.

1 race day to put it all together! Ran into a miriad of problems on Sunday, W/B crapped out on me, so I didn't turn up the boost, hoses poping on launch ect.

But with all that said we still managed to go a little quicker than before laying down a 10.89 on only a 1.81 60' spinning the slicks through 1st and coming into 2nd at around 3300rpm.

·
Premium Member
2,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
nice pass rob! car looks good on the launch. what trans and shift linkage are you running?
568 with stock gearing and quaife. Cable shifted with modded SRT STS and Shadow cables.

·
Premium Member
2,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
10's !! :woot: makin it look easy

very nice work! sounded good too !

looked like a nice, straight pass besides yur slippage ..
Thanks. The car has alway ran very straight and launched smooth (no wheel hop) Which is why I put off upgrading the crossmember to the newer dual pivot type. (if it ain't broke!)

But after breaking the left lower control arm on my first pass (on Saturday at the TnT) I think it's time for that upgrade after all!

·
Premium Member
6,975 Posts
any idea how to stop the spinning? i mean you are spinning slicks(tons o hp) i was thinking on how to stop or prevent the slick spin, what suspension mods do you have done?

·
Premium Member
2,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
any idea how to stop the spinning? i mean you are spinning slicks(tons o hp) i was thinking on how to stop or prevent the slick spin, what suspension mods do you have done?
I'm not running any sort of launch control yet. I started the day launching above 6000rpm and then airing down the slicks. I ran the 10.89 on 10 psi in the slicks. My next run I had 9 1/2 psi in the slicks and ran near identicle (but lifted after the 1/8th to try and stay alive in brkt.)

My last run I was down to 9psi and broke the axel.

I really needed more time to dial in my launch and slick preasure. I didn't want to lower my launch rpm because I was too afraid of going too low and bogging and waisting a run, when I knew I had so few to begin with.

With launch control I will be able to dial in a lower launch and hold some boost out of the hole. That should make it easier to preasure match the slicks.

I have run these slick down too 7psi and I would have done that again if need be on said wknd, we just ran out of time.

Only suspension mods are urathane bushings and coilovers.

·
Premium Member
2,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
rob, you have to be fairly happy with your results... it was your only track time of the year. 1.81 with spinning is awesome. i think you'll get low to mid tens next year. congrats.
Thanks man, Going that little bit faster makes it all worth while, so ya, I'm deff happy coming away with that!

I'll set my sights on mid tens for now and we'll see what happens. Deff gotta get out to the track more often next year if I want to see marked improvement! :dancing:

·
Premium Member
2,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That's awesome, and a great way to show how quick these TD's can be! What's the specs on your build?
88 T2 shortblock with forged pistons

our own Custom windage tray + PCV

Melling oil pump

our own cooling mods + Griffin al rad

our own custom intake, 58mm TB, 95lb inj's, twin S60 fuel pumps

FWD F4 cam, FWD crane springs, MP titainium retainers, Stock Lash adj's

FWD stage 5 cal + Dtec

Fidenza adj cam gear

Our own +1mm ported G-head + ARP head studs

MP HG + copper spray

Big FMIC with 3" al hardpipes + moded Talon BOV

4" CAI with K&N filter

Holset HE351 turbo

4" downpipe into 3" exaust. (4" dump)

Stock geared 568 with quaife + stock axels

FWD custom ACT 650WTQ single disc set-up

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.