Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have an independant driver who drives for our trucking company,he swears by these clamps even though they are ungodly ugly and cheap looking,but better than any clamp in tension you could EVER buy according to him,none of us believed it...Today he showed up again,and we were slow at work so.

We tested it out...Well it freaking works and works awesome.
Its ugly,but perfect for us cheapskates.
I'm telling you NOTHING forms a tighter seal,ZIP nada!

We took a high pressure steel braided hose (3/8 inner dia,11/16 outer dia hose sheilded in interlocking steel) that REQUIRES a steel end fitting torqued on,instead we used just stainless steel wire,it held to a smooth tube,tight!

It took me awhile to find it on the internet but by God I found it,lol.

http://www.gemplers.com/a/shop/product.asp?T1=HC8&src=21TL002

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Only problem with that wire clamp looking thing is if you use it on rubber hose you have a good chance of cutting the hose.

·
Registered
826 Posts
That would be aircraft saftey wire, used on planes and race bikes / cars to secure bolts from vibration...

·
Banned
4 Posts
Tim_K said:
Only problem with that wire clamp looking thing is if you use it on rubber hose you have a good chance of cutting the hose.
I thought the same thing when I first looked at it. I bet that would cut right through the silicone connecoters for my IC piping. You could probably use it for something though.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I didnt say it was perfect ;)

It will cut thru I am sure if few loops are used and not many over a larger area on soft material,and no doubt it would be a PITA to cut free.

I already have plans to use it on braided hoses I get from work from scrap for use on my project car.

Hey ,anything to save a buck....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts