Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think every TIII owner has been waiting for this day. Seems like the price of the factory VC gaskets keep going up. Either way, dealer/vendor, after shipping your out like 120.00!

You may have read in my thread that I was testing out some from a GM V8, they didn't work. When I was at Brian's shop he showed me some VC gaskets he had left over from a job he did that he thought might work. He didn't remember what they where off of but he gave them to me. I did some research and testing and here is the solution.....

You need two sets(4) to make 2 for the TIII. Cut and join in the center with RTV, i used blue RTV. Curves match VC's perfectly! These have been on my car for about 5 days, boosting to 25psi, etc. NO LEAKS. I paid 20$ for each set. application is 4.3 vortec engine, you can use the chevy blazer if you need a car.

:amen:

·
[X]treme Aggression
1,881 Posts
nice. was just about to order a set too. ill save about 70$ each time i replace them.

so thats like 2 tanks of gas, or about 400 miles of fun :)

·
[X]treme Aggression
1,881 Posts
just bought a set actually, im gettin my motor back from the machine shop tomorrow so i figured id go get a set of these.

only cost me $15 up here. they fit nicely :thumb:

·
[X]treme Aggression
1,881 Posts
Told you:eek: Yes, i just ordered some more and got them for 15$:thumb:

i figured out now why u need two sets. cuz they are a bit short on length and need to make two into one..

i ordered the other one ealier when i picked up my set.. they only had one in stock.

what rtv should i use? i see u mentioned the blue stuff but i usually use the ultra black. would that work fine to or will it be to hard when it cures?

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i figured out now why u need two sets. cuz they are a bit short on length and need to make two into one..

i ordered the other one ealier when i picked up my set.. they only had one in stock.

what rtv should i use? i see u mentioned the blue stuff but i usually use the ultra black. would that work fine to or will it be to hard when it cures?
Black is fine. I just used blue because it matches perfectly and you can't even tell they've been sectioned...and i'm anal about appearances, at least my cars.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Just found this post and that is awesome! I just want to make sure I get the right ones! I just need to order up a couple sets for any GM with a 4.3l V6?
I did a search on a 97 2wd blazer and showed 2 types. one had built in holes (obviously not the right ones and way more) and th others look right
VS50464R

·
Registered
397 Posts
I did this valve cover modification a year ago on my front 2.2 Lotus head valve cover. I always had oil accumulating in the valley that ran down the drain hole on the lotus head by the cams.

Seeing is believing, I didn't have any oil leak in the valley area after I installed the felpro gasket on the front valve cover. I just installed the back valve cover gasket last weekend. I put together these quick instructions for TIII folks that are fighting oil leaks they can 't get rid of.

I also found this mod also helps stabilize the engine vacuum also.

Thanks to RX2MAZDA for creating this Lotus 2.2 valve cover seal modification

Ron

Slide1.jpg
Slide2.jpg
Slide3.jpg
Slide4.jpg
Slide5.jpg
Slide6.jpg
Slide7.jpg

·
Registered
12 Posts
Awesome Info!! Just ordered them off of Rock Auto for $12.04 per set! Once I get 5 posts I'll post the link. Somehow my previous account was deleted.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts