Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car still has no left front brake pads and a bad gas leak but i got bored today so i threw together a CAI. Total cost to me $1.85 for a 1 litre bottle of pepsi.The rest of the stuff i had lying around. I used a intake tube of a N/A 2.5,1litre bottle of pepsi with the ends cut off , a cone filter i had lying around
and....Ducttape!

· Registered
2,028 Posts
It doesn't look to good for a DD, the filter is going to get wet/dirty FAST!

I did something similar on my 3.0 na Spirit and made a huge difference at the track, mine was Ram Air though. I had the filter just like yours in a stockish place(where your pop bottle is) then a funnel cut and taped around it with a hose that ran under and another funnel to scoop the air(supported w/ zip ties of course)

· Registered
39 Posts
What about zipties? lol. None of those were put on by me i just havn't taken them off.
as I understand it, you only increase the man mojo if you have 2 or more styles and/or colors of zipties and at least one of the zipties is holding something heavy/hot up.

my minivan has neon yellow, black, clear, and orange colored zip ties holding the cruise control to the battery box as well as what was left of the underhood wiring harness together (yay for previous owner!), on that note, my buddies '66 stang has big black zip ties from it's previous owner holding the exhaust in the back up =D

· Registered
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hmmm... I believes me would get the stoppage devices working before becoming bored enough to create a Pepsi & Duct Tape go-faster device. By the way, what is up with the multiple yellow and red zip ties on the corrugated covered line?

No ill intended...

Blessings,
Sasky
BareFoot Soul - A Christian Rock Band

The zipties were put on by the previous owner I have not really touched anything under the hood on this car yet.Im going to tackle under the hood once i get the important stuff done(brakes,gas leak).I also have to mount the rad properly which is currently held in by zipties lol.I have already had to deal with a bunch of stupid things with this car it's in my progress thread

· Registered
60 Posts
ya bout that spot u got ur intake, about a week ago i was washing daytona at the wash and at the front of the building was a bigazz puddle i drove around it smart right!! well i guess another guy who i just happened to meet that day well he drives a turbo tona and well he drove through the puddle !!! lets say it wasnt pretty he had his intake right on the turbo and well if it sucks air, it sucks water and that it did!!!! his stock intercooler and bov were just filled !!! he unhooked the intake that goes to the engine from IC and reved it to like 6000 and lmfao water was shot about 20ft out of the intake it lookd like a seadoo out of water!! after that it wouldnt idle properly and well thats the last i seen of it!!! so my advice to turbo baron if u done want to kill ur engine make sure the water will not splash up or u know what will happen !! HYDROLOCK!! i think thats what its called!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.