Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yeah, the stickers and chrome grill look really cheezy, but the blue doesn't look all that bad IMO. car used to be white (obviously). it would look alot better with different wheels....even silver snowflakes....

--------------------------------------
Joshua Mitchell
'89 Lebaron GTS - 2.2 Intercooled Turbo II, A555 5-speed - 1 of 268, 178whp/217wtq @ 14psi
'91 Cutlass Supreme sedan - 3.1 Intercooled Turbo, HM-282 5-speed - project/fun car
'94 Bonneville SSE - 3800 Tuned Port, HM-4T60E - daily driver

·
Banned
3,456 Posts
Based on the grille, I do not think it is an R/T.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the FS sign says $3500 but i think he'd come down to $2500-$3000. 112,000 miles, engine rebuilt 300 miles ago according to the FS sign. he doesn't even say it's an R/T....just that it has a 16-valve DOHC Turbo. i remember seeing this car a little over a year ago when it was still white (paint was coming off in big chunks, hence the repaint). why oh why didn't he just stick with white? has a pretty nice interior. i didn't see any body damage or rust anywhere.
Joshua Mitchell
'89 Lebaron GTS - 2.2 Intercooled Turbo II, A555 5-speed - 1 of 268, 178whp/217wtq @ 14psi
'91 Cutlass Supreme sedan - 3.1 Intercooled Turbo, HM-282 5-speed - project/fun car

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
TrboVan said:
Based on the grille, I do not think it is an R/T.
you know how easy it is to swap a grille right? i guess the original white grill just didn't go with his color choice. trust me, this car IS a real R/T.
Joshua Mitchell

·
Registered
703 Posts
That car looks good in blue minus the decals etc...
I've often wondered what a santa fe blue Shadow Es would look like!

·
Banned
3,456 Posts
malibuolds said:
you know how easy it is to swap a grille right? i guess the original white grill just didn't go with his color choice. trust me, this car IS a real R/T.
I find that strange.
He painted the whole car, but it was too much trouble to paint the grille?
Odd.

And the side badges on the front door trim, did he replace them?

·
Registered
751 Posts
TrboVan said:
I find that strange.
He painted the whole car, but it was too much trouble to paint the grille?
Odd.

And the side badges on the front door trim, did he replace them?
I think he wanted the bling bling effect. The bumper inserts aren't painted either. A for effort but looks tacky

·
Registered
4,693 Posts
Yeah it looked to me like he was going for the bling. If the original grill was reinstalled and painted to match the rest of the car, I think it would look really nice. Oh and the decals have got to go!

I'll probably test drive the car in the next few days. I want it bad, but I haven't even got my Spirit R/T running yet! I'd have to sell my Shelby Lancer too unfortunately.

·
Registered
4,693 Posts
I checked it with Carfax; it is a real Spirit R/T. The only thing Carfax showed on the car was two owners, including the current owner. I was going to test drive it today but we have a blizzard coming through town at the moment.

·
Registered
4,693 Posts
I didn't end up buying the car. I'm glad I didn't because I already feel like I'm drowning in TDs as it is!

My brother (malibuolds) met the new owner of the car at a convenience store yesterday. The guy that bought it apparently had no idea what it was but really liked the car and 'had to have it'. My brother told him that I owned a Spirit R/T and that they were very rare cars. He also told him about TD.com so hopefully he'll come around if he really likes the car.

Funny thing happened this morning while I was working on my Shelby Lancer in the parking lot....I was putting my car up on jackstands when, lo and behold, the blue R/T comes driving through the parking lot slowly. He stopped right next to my (red) R/T and even got out and started checking out my car! I would have went over and talked to him but there was some guy talking to me while I was already trying to get work done on my SL so.......a any rate, the blue R/T looks like it fell into good hands. I did notice that it had some loud valvetrain noise though! After 15 years, what R/T doesn't?

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yeah i'm really hoping he shows up here. seemed like a pretty cool guy. we could all make him a Turbo Dodge nut :) i told him the car was one of only 1208 made and with $500 in mods he could eat up some newer Mustang GTs.

on a side note, that TIII was DIRTY :( most of the red wrinkle paint on the valve covers was worn off. noisy lifters too. otherwise it is a fairly nice R/T.

Joshua Mitchell

1 - 17 of 17 Posts