Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, since Facebook is utterly useless for anything other than crap posting; I've been trying to get a hold of a software I've been told works with this little board I got that plugs into the OBD-1 diagnostic port. It's supposed to be called "Chem". I have mentioned it nonchalantly here but I guess I needed to make a special thread for it.

The board itself is marked "PRECISION GOVERNORS, INC." I keep forgetting how to post pictures or if I can here, so I'll just link them from facebook.

Some folks want to whine about how the software is obsolete, but you may as well be saying our cars are obsolete. I just want to play around with this thing. Computer interaction with my cars is something I haven't had a chance to do yet, and I'm kind of excited about it.:smile2:

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
Well, since Facebook is utterly useless for anything other than crap posting; I've been trying to get a hold of a software I've been told works with this little board I got that plugs into the OBD-1 diagnostic port. It's supposed to be called "Chem". I have mentioned it nonchalantly here but I guess I needed to make a special thread for it.

The board itself is marked "PRECISION GOVERNORS, INC." I keep forgetting how to post pictures or if I can here, so I'll just link them from facebook.

Some folks want to whine about how the software is obsolete, but you may as well be saying our cars are obsolete. I just want to play around with this thing. Computer interaction with my cars is something I haven't had a chance to do yet, and I'm kind of excited about it.:smile2:
I am unclear what you are looking for. Are you looking for software? I have both CHEM and CHEM2.
Have you considered using MPScan? MPScan
or MPScandroid? MPScanDroid
Or MPTune

As one of the developers of MPSciLink, I use MPSciLink with MPScandroid.
Info are in the stickies
EFI Tuning

video playlist https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLETRLVI5tFZ-VqHvIKRfr3CnSghbGspw3

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the response! I would like to be able to use this equipment a friend gave me so that it isn't just something totally useless sitting here. I should have been more specific. People have been hounding me about using the new equipment and software, and I'm not interested. I am very interested in hearing about what this board I have here can even do. I'm only assuming it is for viewing real time data from the ECM. Is it only compatible with SMEC and SBEC? Can it interact with 1987 LM?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts