Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I pulled an auto dimming mirror from an imperial. I think it is a 92 car. The mirror has 6 wires coming out of it. Does anyone where these wires should hook up to if I am to install it in my chrysler laser.

Thank you.

· Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you so very much for that diagram!

It looks like that mirror is more complex than I thought. It hooks up to a headlight relay to control the brights and dim of the headlights. Now it looks like I might want to install a relay to control the high beams. It would appear that L112 200R will ground a relay that switches current on to the high beam relay. Circuit L1 hooks into the backup lights to un-dim the mirror when the car is put in reverse. I am not sure why L111 would need to be hooked up since it would not control park lights.

It would probably be easier to just hook the mirror in so only the dimming portion is used.

· Registered
61 Posts
It would probably be easier to just hook the mirror in so only the dimming portion is used.

That's exactly what I did. I pulled one of those mirrors out of an Imperal, around the same year, and installed it in my '02 Blazer. I isolated the wiring needed to make the auto-dimming function of the mirror work and wired only those leads, taped off the rest of them. (Did that with a +12V DC source and touching pairs of leads to the +/- terminals until a flashlight shining at the sensor made the mirror auto-dim.) Been working great now for over 6 months.

· Registered
2 Posts
You can get those new. I could'nt find a niece one in a buddies jy so I got one off ebay for $35 a few years back. Auto dim outside temp compass and reading lights. Works great in my jeep, larger glass area than stock too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.