Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I happen to have an old infinity 2 chrysler radio that came out of a new yorker. i wanted to turn this radio into a small home stereo but the pin out doesn't help as to say which wires are the power wires since the first grey connector has batt, acc, ill, park, RF-, LF-, mute and the second connector has RR-, LR- RF+, LF+, RR+, LR+, ant. which wires would i need to use to supply power to this car stereo? i have looked around for info on this radio as to which pins do what but not much luck any info would help.

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
Well if you know what year of car it came out of you can get a $10-15 subscription to alldatadiy for that car and it would give you every wiring diagram for the whole car, including the radio.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i do know its the infinity 2 radio that was made from 1988 to 1990 and it came from a 1990 chrysler new yorker mark cross landau

·
Administrator
25,306 Posts
1990 Chrysler New Yorker (AC Body)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i have looked at the wiring and some of the wires like the batt and the park wires are just labeled splice rather then if its the battery or power plus and minus. the reason i wanted to know is so i can turn this stereo into a home stereo setup cause i would like to be able to use the am stereo end of the unit as well as all the other featuers.

·
Premium Member
5,951 Posts
to keep this radio powered you need to supply power to the constant and switched 12v and if you want the illumination you need to tap into the constant 12v and run a switch to that wire

i have made several of this types boxes with aftermarket radios

1 - 6 of 6 Posts