Turbo Dodge Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
this is a bit of help for our new members who are trying to I.D their engines and are looking for help. most of the chrysler engines are as follows.
2.7,3.3,3.5,3.6,3.8,and the 3.9 If any one finds better pics that will help please post them!!!

the 2.7 mounted sideways. it is also mounted front ways in cars like the Intrepid.

the early 3.3

late 3.3

early 3.5

late 3.5

3.8 late

3.8 early

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
Well.. I would put a pic of an LH car (intrepid et al) for the 2nd gen 3.5 so you can see the motor itself.

Also, i think you should put pics of the early 3.8 (or at least say it looks the same as an early 3.3 other than the plenum numbers) and the late-90s versions of the 3.3/3.8 which came in vans and had different manifolds.

·
Premium Member
5,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well.. I would put a pic of an LH car (intrepid et al) for the 2nd gen 3.5 so you can see the motor itself.

Also, i think you should put pics of the early 3.8 (or at least say it looks the same as an early 3.3 other than the plenum numbers) and the late-90s versions of the 3.3/3.8 which came in vans and had different manifolds.
I made some changes. I would like to remind every one if you want to post better OR different pics that will help a person I.D their engine please post them! thanks!!:thumb:

·
Registered
141 Posts
I am going to nitpick just a bit. The 3.9 is not related to any of these other engines. It is a smallblock 318 that is missing two cylinders. That is where they got the extra cylinders for all those Viper V-10 engines! :run:

·
Premium Member
5,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am going to nitpick just a bit. The 3.9 is not related to any of these other engines. It is a smallblock 318 that is missing two cylinders. That is where they got the extra cylinders for all those Viper V-10 engines! :run:
wow.... good observation!LOL BUT,it still is a V6 so it is there. I do love the v10 joke! got to love a SRT10 dodge Ram 1500!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.