Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It doesn't look like the 'Pittsburgh Cruiser' couple is going to be able to manage a Clarion/Race&Street cruise this year.
I was considering picking it up, anyone interested?
Dates would be, theoretically, 8/30-31, Labor day weekend.

Simple show&shine, dinner at park, tshirts, door prizes, raffle, maybe a few trophies. Not CTF, just a chance to get together in R&S's home town.

If there is no interest, I won't pursue it.

·
Registered
6,067 Posts
Sorry, I was on the highway ONCE on Labor Day weekend, and vowed never again.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So, I'm guessing there's no interest????????
:(

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
You can always come to our LABOR DAY Coats For Kids Super Cruise-In - behind TGI Friday, in the rear parking lot of the Golden Gate Shopping Center in beautiful, downtown Mayfield Heights.

....DJ
....Free FOOD All Day Long
...Radio Control Car Racing
...Free rides on the ROCKET CAR
...ELVIS will be in the PARKING Lot
...Lots of Door Prizes

See pics from last year: http://www.northcoastptcruisers.com/pictures/09022002/htmlpix.htm

Last year:
...217 Cars (stree rods, mucle cars, antiques, etc.)
....92 PT Cruisers (the Ohio State Record)
...357 Coats Collected
...478 Dollars Donated
...Priceless....the FUN WE HAD

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Dave I think there is some interest at least from the folks in our PT club from this area but....Labor Day weekend in my mind would not be a good time !!! Too many other things going on.

Just my opinion

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Question???????
IF the park and R&S are both available, how about July 11-12?
That's halfway between CTF and RT66.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Mid-July sounds pretty good.....especially since the Shore Thing is in September this year. Had a great time at Clarion last year. Hopefully, we'll be able to make it. Just tell Maggie that if she leaves another AirAid intake outside this year, I'm not giving it back this time. :D

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I know about Carlisle.
I was thinking of maybe offering an alternative, quiet, PT only get together without the massive crowds and traffic and expense of Carlisle.
For those who might prefer that sort of thing. :)

Haven't heard from Maggie yet, just an idea at this point.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Dave Pgh said:
I know about Carlisle.
I was thinking of maybe offering an alternative, quiet, PT only get together without the massive crowds and traffic and expense of Carlisle.
For those who might prefer that sort of thing. :)

Haven't heard from Maggie yet, just an idea at this point.
I'll take Clarion over Carlisle any day of the week. But that's just me. I like to be a little more laid back and take it easy whenever I can. :D

·
Registered
311 Posts
HI DAVE, WOULD BE INTERESTED, BUT NOT LABOR DAY WEEKEND. THERE IS NOT TO MUCH SCHEDULED IN AUG. I A' M GOING TO CHRYSLER NATIONALS THEN WILD THANG, THEN SHORE THING, BUT NOTHING IN AUGUST. :}

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
OK, last and final option.....
July 25, 26, 27
Friday nite, parking lot gathering, BYO, show off your lighting.
Saturday, show&shine, a few trophies(maybe), catered buffet at the park, Race and Street sales and installs.
Sunday, breakfast(group or discount coupons), cooks forest tour(organized by NCPTC).
R&S has promised some nice prizes, along with Maggie helping with all the arrangements.
I need to decide this SOON, so let me know what you think.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Excellent. I live in Carlisle, and could then go to both.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Dave Pgh said:
OK, last and final option.....
July 25, 26, 27
Friday nite, parking lot gathering, BYO, show off your lighting.
Saturday, show&shine, a few trophies(maybe), catered buffet at the park, Race and Street sales and installs.
Sunday, breakfast(group or discount coupons), cooks forest tour(organized by NCPTC).
R&S has promised some nice prizes, along with Maggie helping with all the arrangements.
I need to decide this SOON, so let me know what you think.
Despite generous offers of assistance from Maggie at Race&Street and Marv from NCPTC, I don't think I can do a cruise this year.
If anybody from the area wants to give it a go, contact Maggie through Race&Street.

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
Dave Pgh said:
....Dates would be, theoretically, 8/30-31, Labor day weekend.

Let's seeeeeeeeeeee! Harley's 100th with over 100,000 bikes & folk from ALL over the world coming to Milwaukee................................................... or a show and shine in PA! ;)
I hope you get enough interest, but I'm stayin here for the BIG one! Good luck!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts