Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
spdracr said:
Geez, why am I always in the minority? I like it. :) Needs diffefrent wheels though. Looks European, is it?
Briggs Swift Cunningham Jr., a wealthy American sportsman and famed "America's Cup" winner (1958 - The Columbia), built America's first modern sports car in 1950.

The Cunningham C-1, would set the pattern not only for Cunningham's own C2R (early '51) and C4R (late '51) sports cars, but for every American sports car from then on. The basic concept established by Mr. Cunningham ("Mr. C") laid the groundwork for America's two best known sports cars, the Corvette (1953) and Cobra (1962). In fact, the fathers of the Corvette (Zora Arkus-Duntov) and the Cobra (Carroll Shelby) both raced, and lost to, Cunninghams at Le Mans (1950 - 54). After seeing the Cunninghams in action, they took his approach with their own cars. Mr. C also pioneered the use of racing stripes as part of the team "colors," an effect that has become a standard.

Can read more about this innovative pioneer here: http://users.erols.com/edwardh.nai/chm1.htm

·
Registered
5,076 Posts
spdracr said:
Geez, why am I always in the minority? I like it. :) Needs diffefrent wheels though. Looks European, is it?
Don't feel bad spdracr, I like it too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts