Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
Just wanted to throw something up here for the admins/moderators to look into. I recently tried to post up some products here for sale, and was told I had to pay the vendor fees. I was trying to post up about my Shelby dog collars and key chains for sale. Keep in mind, these are a low cost item. I don't know what the fendor fees are, but I would imagine for a basic vendor status is at least $50. If I were making and selling wheels, or cyl heads, or coilovers or something with a higher price tag, I can see those vendor fees being appropriate. However, these dog collars sell for $3-14, and yield only a couple dollars profit, just enough to cover my gas and efforts to get them made. So it would take me 25 sales just to cover my vendor fees. The bottom line: The current rules/regulations regarding the classified section are limiting the number of products available to the Shelby/Dodge crowd.

Some vendors on here sell thousands of dollars of products every year, others sell maybe a couple hundred, so how can the vendor fees be the same accross the board for everyone? I know of a few people selling lower priced items that can not sell their products here, because it's not cost effective by the time you figure in the vendor fees. Perhaps the fees could be pro-rated based on the selling price of the product? Or, as a persons product line grows, so do their fees.

If the little guys trying to start something are squished out before their product line has a chance to be seen and/or marketed, their products won't sell and the whole product idea will be scratched, which benefits nobody.

If things continue the way they are, there will be a number of Shelby products not available to the owners, because the forums are giving the sellers limiting options for marketing their products.....

Mark Christofferson

· Registered
716 Posts
These collars and key chains are a great product. I purchased an 86 GLHS key chain from Mark and it needs to be seen in person. The silver background is reflective and the car is detailed too. It is rediculious if this board can't make the change to allow this. Ever since the TD Gestapo gained control of this board it is slower to load since all the moving advertisements have to load.

· Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
STILL WAITING for some admin/moderator response here?

I'm not trying to be a smart ass, but it sure seems as though when the staff has a problem with a user, they're quick to hand-cuff you. But when a user has an issue or something needs to be discussed with them, it turns into a ghost town...

· Registered
3,129 Posts
STILL WAITING for some admin/moderator response here?

I'm not trying to be a smart ass, but it sure seems as though when the staff has a problem with a user, they're quick to hand-cuff you. But when a user has an issue or something needs to be discussed with them, it turns into a ghost town...
Hi Mark,

Clayton is here, he is 100% the key admin with exception of making some of these vendor calls. He is a machine but he can't do everything. LOL :D
Besides, I told him I would handle it.

Vendor fees are as is and won't be modified. You're not the first to complain about the rates and I am sure you wont be the last. If an adjustment is made for you then an adjustment has to be made for everyone who is a vendor.

Rates are $110 / month, so whoever offered you $50 was being kind and offering you "a special rate" which I would have had to approve of anyways.

While you may see it is a disservice to not give you advertising at near $0 cost, it's a disservice to this community to short change it. TD operates by forum donations and vendors, start taking those things away and the site will have to find other means to pay for operating costs.

That being said, I totally understand your point in regards to squishing the new guy before he even gets started, but unfortunately people tend to try and get everything for nothing. Pro rating a vendors fee is out of the question (tried it before elsewhere). I hate hearing about someone’s overhead, how much their hoist costs, their kid went to college, their cabin burnt down and that is why even though they sell 10k worth of product a month, they should have a $15 vendor fee.

So, at this stage, if you got an offer of $50 through the warning system or private message, that is as awesome rate.

These collars and key chains are a great product. I purchased an 86 GLHS key chain from Mark and it needs to be seen in person. The silver background is reflective and the car is detailed too. It is rediculious if this board can't make the change to allow this. Ever since the TD Gestapo gained control of this board it is slower to load since all the moving advertisements have to load.
Cuda, the dog collars are a great product, I agree. I contacted the hosting provider and asked them if I could pay with dog collars instead of cash, and while most of them had no clue what a Turbo Dodge was, they were adamant in the fact that they cannot receive Dog Collars as payment. So, we must take some sort of recognized currency.

Cuda, why don’t you contribute to the site and get rid of the advertisements as well ?
http://www.turbododge.com/forums/payments.php

We have specifically put this in place for people who dislike the ads. Again, the logic behind the ads is that they generate revenue and keep the site, licensing, designs, stickers etc going. If you don’t want to see those ads which you say make the site load slow (and they may) then you contribute.

If you cannot afford $0.83 cents a month to remove ads, then I am not sure what to tell you. If you feel the forum isn’t worth a $10 donation a year, then again, not sure what to tell you.

Referring to anyone here as the Gestapo is fantastic, but no one gives a shit. :)

Remember, my favorite slogan is, “you don’t like it here, leave.”

That being said, no pro rating of vendor costs is going to take place. If sy2206 believes he has a better idea on how to come to an agreement, he can pm me (pm door is always open).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.