Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
13,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm making a thread:thumb:. I have some work to do on her, figured i'd share it with all to see:woot woot:.

I have to love this car to do this:p.

I was pulling all the interior out the other day to clean her up and make her shine! I was pulling the carpet(I said everything), starting at the rear and rolling it, kind of) back to take it out the back driver side and noticed RUST:bash:. Why rust? Why couldn't the block make itself a window:bang head is what I had thought(easier to replace:p). Well I got to work, grabbed the shop vac, got the loose stuff cleaned up then turned on the air compressor, grabbed the air chisel and went to work. I still have some to do(driver side and rear at the shim's) but I think I got a good start on it! I pick up the replacement next Saturday(Thank you Mark!) and hope to have it done within a weekend or two:nodding:. Sorry I didn't get before pics of the passenger side... More to come, I am thinking of adding a sunroof now:laugh:

· Registered
1,526 Posts
Clayton, Danny here saying thanks for posting those pics for me. Sorry about your floorboards. I think everyone on here has been hit by that before. It's like a cavity though, get it all out or else don't bother. Did you find floor's from a donor car, or is someone making panels for you?

· Registered
13,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Clayton, Danny here saying thanks for posting those pics for me. Sorry about your floorboards. I think everyone on here has been hit by that before. It's like a cavity though, get it all out or else don't bother. Did you find floor's from a donor car, or is someone making panels for you?
Anytime bro:thumb:

The floorboard removal is going great IMO, i've been enjoying it oddly:p I think i've got it all found! I need to buy a sandblasting gun and go to town on them to make sure(looking at eBay now:p). Mark(marksglht) has a 85 GLHT that the replacement's are coming from!

· Registered
4,833 Posts
bad floor boards? That is nothing, when mine were bad, my foot actually went through the floor boards, but changing them out isn't all that hard, but it is just a pain in the ass after looking at a welder for long periods of time, granted I had 3 different areas the size you have that I had to change out.

· Registered
13,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I will try and get pics the next time I head back to where the car is. But it has a turn knob to lift the glass.
The knob turns? That is like a Daytona(3rd gen atleast). I think the P-Body would be an easier add on, wouldn't it or am i letting the look of it get to me:p?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.