Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Category: Domestic

I have a 1986 Dodge Daytona turbo z for sale, in USA - Missouri.

Mileage: 158,xxx miles

Asking price is $750

Seller Information: Evan Williams
Phone: (417) 389-7132
Email: [email protected]

I bought my first car (86 dodge Daytona turbo z) I got it and drove it 50 miles.. I should've trailred it but I just had to drive it (poor mistake of mine) when I got it it has no power when you put it in gear and it took forever to get up to speed.. I started up on the insterate it took about 2 min to get to 50 to 70... I was on the insterstate for most of my journey 35 mi when I was about 5 miles from my exit and I lost everything and costed to my exit and I pull off andopen the hood I look at the turbo and its glowing red so I call my dad and right when I done that the turbo caught in fire.. I got it out didn't hurt anything but when you start it now the turbo rattles and smokes.. I would love to keep it but I need a car for school and I don't have the time to learn how to fix it or money to get it fixed my someone else.. If someone would show me how to take it apart and fix/rebuild it I would see if I can scrape some $ up for parts and the help.. But if you want to buy it 750 obo or trade for ??? Call or txt 417-389-7132 I'm not in here that often but I will try to check whenever I can thanks for your time!

·
Registered
506 Posts
Other than replacing the turbo (which CAN be done without pulling the head), I'd say all you need is to redo the timing belt. Glowing red turbo plus no power is almost always a timing issue.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Glowing red turbo plus no power is almost always a timing issue.
A clogged CAT is more likely with the story he gave.

If it was far enough out of time it would have been running horribly (to the point that it wouldn't even idle, you'd have to hold your foot on the pedal to keep it running. His only symptom seems to be low power, this points to a clog in the exhaust and 99% of the time it's the catalytic converter.

·
Registered
506 Posts
That is true. It could be a cat issue. My experiences were timing issues. I also knew the cats were not the issues because the cars were mysteriously missing the cats;)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.