Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
first off, 90 shadow 2.2 tbi, 89 A520 from a lebaron, 129k on the car, 100k on the tranny.

will the diff end bearings cause a clunk on accel and decel? i've definetly got a problem with the diff end bearings cuz my axles seem to have way to much slop.
so the question is will the diff case from my 90 a413 work in the a520?
if so then i can have the diff all ready to go and then just swap them.
If the diff case wont work, then ill go ahead and ask would anyone have a a520 diff case that they would be willing to trade for a a413 case or sell for cheap? lol

thanks guys
tom bell.

btw.. by case i mean the cast iron housing that the ring bolts to with the spiders n such

· Registered
3,600 Posts
first off, 90 shadow 2.2 tbi, 89 A520 from a lebaron, 129k on the car, 100k on the tranny.

will the diff end bearings cause a clunk on accel and decel? i've definetly got a problem with the diff end bearings cuz my axles seem to have way to much slop.
so the question is will the diff case from my 90 a413 work in the a520?
if so then i can have the diff all ready to go and then just swap them.
If the diff case wont work, then ill go ahead and ask would anyone have a a520 diff case that they would be willing to trade for a a413 case or sell for cheap? lol

thanks guys
tom bell.

btw.. by case i mean the cast iron housing that the ring bolts to with the spiders n such
carrier is the term for the diff where the spiders are located. y dont u just pull off ext housing on the right and bearing retainer on the left and inspect the bearings. i doubt u can swap auto trans diff into a manual. i got a good 520 trans w385 diff 4 sale

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.