Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put a new clutch in 4 months ago and it seems like it might be slipping but it doesn't seem like it does it all the time. Is there any way to adjust the clutch cable? By the way it's a 88 Shelby Z and it's a stock replacement clutch.

·
Registered
21 Posts
The clutch cable is auto adjusting at the pedal. Which clutch set did you use? I heard bad things about the stock replacement clutches from auto parts stores, they are all the lower end clutch suitable for non-turbos. I got the T2-T3 combo set from TU, supposedly double the clamping force for handling T2 horsepower. I also had my flywheel turned, that cost like 35.00. Go easy for a few weeks to let it settle in before driving it hard. The T3 pressure plate i got was almost twice the weight of the cheapo autozone one. I guess the only thing you can do is just drive it and then swap it out again with the better clutch set later on.

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
I put a new clutch in 4 months ago and it seems like it might be slipping but it doesn't seem like it does it all the time. Is there any way to adjust the clutch cable? By the way it's a 88 Shelby Z and it's a stock replacement clutch.

What mods are you running? My stock one blew up at 12psi w/a tII turbo and fmic on my 2.5l heavy car

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think I got it from Advance Auto Parts. I got it through my uncle's shop so it was cheaper than list price, and it had to be shipped from another store in another state. The only things I did to my car was a 3" exhaust, blow off valve, and eliminated the stock airbox with a filter right on the turbo.

·
Registered
840 Posts
I think I got it from Advance Auto Parts. I got it through my uncle's shop so it was cheaper than list price, and it had to be shipped from another store in another state. The only things I did to my car was a 3" exhaust, blow off valve, and eliminated the stock airbox with a filter right on the turbo.
It's probably sliping, can't ajust that...... go for the T2/T3 combo, awsome performance for the price

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do you think it would be wise to use the pressure plate from a six puck clutch kit off ebay or would you recommend buying a whole new kit? The disk didn't fit but the pressure plate did.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts