Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the next few days I should be getting my new clutch and rebulit tranny from FWD. :D My question is, are there any tips or tricks I need to know about? I am also getting a short throw shifter so any advice about that would be great also. :thumb: Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
625 Posts
hmmm...well the worst part about doing a clutch is removing the tranny...the clutch itself only takes a matter of mintues to change. I would say just make sure you torque everything to the right specs and that everything is lined up correctly. I have installed a short throw in my Spirit, pretty easy to do. Good luck!

·
Registered
809 Posts
I have replaced maybe 100 or so front drive Chrysler trans at work but never a T3. Remove the CV axles and don't just let them hang- much easier in the long run. Pay close attention on how the trans phisically comes out- angles and such will have to be duplicated for install. Be careful when installing axles so you don't hurt the axle seals in the trans. Also no matter how inviting and light it looks get help on lifting it down and putting it back in.

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help and input everyone :thumb:

·
Banned
748 Posts
If you're doing the job by yourself, I find it easier to drop the K member. It's only 8 bolts. 4 from the top on the steering rack and 4 to hold the K member on the car. Just wire the steering rack up in place so it doesn't drop. You can go straight up and then into the motor without any other snags.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts