Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a new clutch pedal positioner bc my last ones teeth stripped out. Problem now is that I just stripped the new one out as well..I recently upgraded my clutch and it has a VERY HEAVY Pressure Plate which is why my teeth are giving out. What are my options for this? I know if I get another one it is just going to do the same thing

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Maybe something aftermarket...It is plasticwhich is why it cant hold up to a lot of pressure

·
Registered
13,473 Posts
If you have replace both plastic pieces, next thing to do is to remove the clutch pedal and inspect it. Make sure the holes are still round and the plastic bushings are still in there.

If the bushings are missing, the holes would not be round anymore and the pedal would ride crooked and cause problems.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Maybee you have extra friction from a bad cable,worn trans bearing retainer(part release brg slides on)? My car had a pretty worn retainer-lots of miles and clutch cycles-somthing to think of! With 2 cars and 200,000 mi never had problems with clutch adjuster-But never had more than a centerforce pressure plate(made by luc)

·
Legendary Driver
10,948 Posts
Get a clutch that's built properly that gives you lots of clamping force but doesn't mess up your pedal and your thrust bearing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts