Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
4,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
90 daytona es 2.5 turbo w/ 523 manual tranny

TU 4 puck ceramic/yellow PP enroute

have replaced clutch before in this car but it was a few months ago and I dont remember anything i might have learned from it

any tips tricks on making this go FAST? do I have to take the axles out to get enough clearance to do the clutch?

· Registered
4,660 Posts
main thing is make some guide pins to help put the trans back on, also if threads are exposed on the pins you made- grind them down so they don't cut into the tranny aluminum and make it hang. I hung a 2x4 across the fenders and used a come-along to raise the transaxle too.(actually it was a broomstick and a ratcheting hold down strap.

Get a new flywheel from either partsamerica.com or autozone i forget which one has it for only $50. Machining was quoted $48 for me with pin removal. Also use just a bit of threadlocker on the bolts, not too much, one guy glued his stuff together.

look at the TOB collar and see if it is worn, a new one from the dealer is $35 and comes with a seal too.
The rest you know.

· Registered
135 Posts
I also used the come-a-long and support across the fenders method. I didn't have guide pins and wish I would have. The manual sucks for this job. To get enough clearance you have to remove just about everything that ever thought about being with 12" of the transmission.

Pray, and good luck.

· Registered
4,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lol thats what i remember too...the "frustrating sphere of influence"...

oooooh i like the guide pin idea..someone should sell those as a kit...mcmaster.com here i come

what is the right length for the guide pins crazymad? lol dont worry i post part numbers if i find cool smooth tipped guide pins...guess its gotta be longer than the flywheel/pressure plate thickness

· Premium Member
16,491 Posts
i use a set of neon front mount bolts for pins when i put a trans on a motor..andi drop ust the trans.. that way you dont have to mess with those exhoust bolts

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.