Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm looking for a good, possibly used clutch for an '88 Shelby TII (I believe its a 2.2)
I just got the car today and the guy said the clutch is out. Anyone got one of these laying around they wanna dump?

·
Registered
9,290 Posts
i have a good use performance street and strip Kevlar cluthc from TU. you would need a pressure plate from him, but that would be a nice upgrade in your car

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
May be more I'm looking for, I just want something thats going to be used to keep the cost down, stock is completely fine w/ me. I need the car to just last until another major break down. Its eventually going to be completely rebuilt, but I figure since the clutch is all that needs done I may as well ge it. PM me w/ cost and info about this though, may still be interested.

·
Registered
9,290 Posts
info on it is on Turbosunleashed website, Street and strip clutch Kevlar. a new clutch is a 100$ maybe from autozone, why not just buy it, comes with pressure plate and they arent a bad clutch, used unless its not a stock one isnt a good thing to buy

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info. I have been lucky enough to never own a vehicle thats needed this done while in my possession, so I didn't know the general protocol on that. Thanks again!

·
Premium Member
9,110 Posts
donno large or small spline but got a decent one from an 87 SC ; looks pretty fresh ..

I'll go 25+ ship too ; got a decent flywheel too from same car (8-bolt IIRC) extra 15$

pix available

·
Banned
1,695 Posts
once you get it apart, if the flywheel is fine and pressure plate is fine, just toss in a disc. a new disc is under $40

·
Registered
321 Posts
You need to get it apart to see what spline you need. I've got an Centerforce pressure plate, Centerfoce dual friction clutch disc and throwout bearing that appear to be lightly used; the disc fits a 17 spline transmission. $60 shipping included in US.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts