Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So last time i took the spirit out i got a CEL, code 12 , 13 and 55

12 and 55 are fine but 13 is obviously an issue.

i just took it for another spin and no code, should i suspect the MAP itself?

i guess the best thing would be to check grounds etc and lines but its raining atm =(

input greatly appreciated =)

·
Premium Member
703 Posts
I vote for dirty connector or a short - I had one of the plugs go bad on me on the inside (tps though, not map) and it was a pain to track down. Try wiggling the wires on the plug and see if it trips the code. Check the connector to make sure it is not all oxidized inside.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dark outside but went for another drive, this time paying attention to when that light comes on.

i did the infamous wiggle test and could not get the code to trip, i went around the block and got half way when the code tripped, did the wiggle test after and did not go away. The vac lines to the solenoid seem ok (could maybe use a zip tie at end?) but the line from the baro to the map seems unusually hard (unless it is supposed to be this way?)

my thoughts: my baro solenoid is bad. why? i have read that it activates to give the map a bearing on outside pressure and that it does not set activate until a set amount of time.

thoughts?

·
Registered
670 Posts
Code 13 is set when the MAP sensor fails to detect a major change in atmospheric pressure between startup and idle. Usually, this means the vacuum/boost supply to the MAP sensor is not hooked up to a vacuum/boost source (either from the manifold to baro solenoid hose or the baro solenoid to MAP hose or BOTH). If the hose(s) IS hooked up, then the baro solenoid would possibly become suspect, but 13 is usually a vacuum line problem, not an elec circuit problem. MAP sensor failure or moisture inside the sensor would the the least likely culprits.

Fault Code 13

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gonna. Bypass the baro today and test it

When I got the car the vac lines were cut to the map and to the next sensor/solenoid below it so this may be the cause of water or w/e

But before it did not trip any codes when of was cut?

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
By passed the baro and tested Vac, it pulled between like 8 and 12 (it seemed to run better but had a miss in it.

tested it unhooked from the mapbut baro hooked up and it pulled the same amount....

its probably the MAP then?

if it is can i use a 3 bar map with the stock computer? what is requited to switch over?
if not the MAP what else?

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
code is gone ATM =)

Funny story I was at the parts store buying vac lines to redo it all.
the kid at the counter suggested i pull a line off the car to match it up even though i knew the size.
The line split as i moved it around!
I cut it shorter and hooked it up again and it idled better, drove better and no code!

I have another issue ill post about in a bit

Thanx for the help guys

1 - 7 of 7 Posts