Turbo Dodge Forums banner

Code 22

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  NAJ 
#1 ·
I have a 90 Chrysler New Yorker. I have replaced the temp sensor twice, but no reading and throwing a code. What is the best way to check for voltage and what should it be reading? I know it's not the actual sensor at this point, but not sure how to remedy this issue.
I'm used to working on a Ramcharger where I have more room, and no electrical gremlins like this car.

#2 ·
Welcome To TD!!!
I am a little bit confused by the wording in your post "no reading" but "throwing a code".
I assume we are working with the Coolant Temperature Sensor for the Engine Controller since you stated Code 22 and not the Temperature Sending Unit for the Gauge.

Diagnosing a Code 22 is fairly simple...
You will need to determine actual CTS voltage, if the 5 volt reference is present,if the signal return line has continuity back to the engine controller and is not shorted to ground.
I can post all of this in detail and walk you through the diagnostics, just need to know...
What engine is in this car?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.