Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Code 24 54 starts and idle 85 shelby charger tps and fuel sync Redid all the vacuum lines by the diagram tested the fuel sync I have 8.5 volts on prong 1 4.8 on prong. 2 lodgic module 17 is 8.5 volts any help would greatly. Be appreciated thanks

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
54 is usually from a bad hall effect, and 24 is TPS. The fact that the car won't rev is likely from the TPS. What voltage do you get at the TPS? Is you check engine light on? It should be with those codes.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes power loss light is on its a brand new distributor and hep my voltage meter is not working now so I don't know about the tps get new meter tomorrow

·
Administrator
25,548 Posts
Disregard the Code 54 until you correct the Code 24.
Code 54 usually results in a "No Start".

You have to backprobe the Signal(OR/DB) and Signal Return(BK/LB) line at the TPS connector with the connector still connected to the TPS and key on to read output voltage.
If output voltage is not between .30-1.00 volts at closed throttle you need to verify your 5 volt reference and signal return are not open/shorted.
If they are ok replace the TPS.
If voltage is ok at closed throttle slowly sweep the throttle open and watch the voltage.
Voltage should rise smoothly and consistantly, if voltage drops off or spikes replace the TPS.
TPS Wiring
OR/WT-5 Volt Reference
OR/DB-Signal
BK/LB-Signal Return

CHECKING FUEL PRESSURE
http://www.turbododge.com/forums/f4/f14/358339-checking-fuel-pressure-84-93-turbo.html

·
Administrator
25,548 Posts
With the TPS plugged in, key on/engine off, throttle closed, you need to backprobe the OR/DB and BK/LB at the same time using the + lead of the voltmeter on the OR/DB and the - lead on the BK/LB.
This will give you TPS output voltage.
What is the voltage reading when you do this?

·
Administrator
25,548 Posts
That depends on weather the TPS itself is the issue or do you have a wiring issue?
Diagnostics will lead you to your problem.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The other day started and ran good now wont rev past 2000 earlier today ran good for a min while testing voltage when up smooth and then stoped thanks for the help

1 - 12 of 12 Posts