Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I pulled the two coil wires from the engine harness on my SL and rerouted them to the thermostat housing where I installed the newer style ignition coil. However, when I completed the swap it would crank but not start. Additionally, I noticed that I get a small shock now when I touch the ignition switch prior to attempting to start it. I buzzed out the wires from the PM to the new coil connector and I have good continuity. I haven't verified spark adequately yet but will do that first thing this morning. I have done this swap before without problems. One thing I did notice is that the initial coil that I installed appeared to be leaking oil and so I replaced it with a known good coil from my Daytona with the same results. I am assuming that the problem is related to the coil swap but I have not ruled out something else. Anyone have a similar problem to this?

·
Registered
282 Posts
check the primary wiring to coil for being backwards it will cause a coil to over heat and shut down and leak oil

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the help. I double checked wiring to the coil and it is good but I'm not getting 12v to the coil with the key on. Also getting a code 26.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Problem was that I cut the green/black wire to the injector harness instead of the wire to +coil. I checked continuity before I cut it but since they are tied together right out of the PM it appeared to be the correct wire. The last time I did this I pulled the coil wires all of the way through the harness and this time I didn't. Live and learn.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts