Turbo Dodge Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok im new and wanted to say HI by reveling my drag racing videos to you all, my van is not turbo yet, thats why im here... but this is how it runs curently with the 3.0l and auto trans, it holds the record for fastest 3.0l auto van, and is faster than the fastest 5speed n/a 3.0l van.. its still slow, by no means is it fast... but i feel ive made it pretty decent for what it is., my fastest run is a 16.4 , these videos i believe are 16.5's and a 16.8 + my cardomain page which is here. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/261079/1 . and my videos... hopefully they will work!!.. have fun guys! tell me what you think!!, after awhile il have to probe everyone for turbo info lol.. enjoy!

Video of 3.0l - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Video of 87 voyager v6 1/4 mile - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Video of v6 voyager 1/4 mile - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no neutral drop at all, thats what i got from advancing the timing + the thing weighs like zero pounds., acually if you look through my cardomain pages youl see a trans laying on a shop floor....thats what i get for N bombing it.... took 7 months and $700 to get another one... il never do it again.., that was years before thoes track videos.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah acually the 2nd video you can hear it shift to 2nd while spinning the tires.. kinda cool... but it killed the burnout., and also didnt your 93 have the 4 speed??? its SO much eaiser to spin the tires with a 4 speed than it is with a 3 speed (mine) id kill for a 4 speed or even a 5 speed manual.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
i could spin my tires from a slight roll in my 12v 5speed just by matting it :) but that was also in a P-body

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
and like ive said its been quite some time since ive checked... and also i have absolutly no internal mods as of yet, so i think 16.4 is godly from no real mods., tell me more about these other vans running that fast? turbo? 4speed auto? internal mods?

·
Premium Member
2,528 Posts
-91 Plymouth Voyager (my tow vehicle.)
-Normally aspirated
-A-543 (5-sp) from a '92 Shadow
-ported heads, upper intake, and lower intake
-S1 cams
-60mm TB
-225 60 15 all-season tires
-custom dual-pressure fuel system
-interior completely stock with just the rear seat removed. I think Mike road along during the best run of the day. Still had the spare tire and tow hitch on.

So were you running slicks?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
no i was running 215/70/14 cooper cobra tires c2xejk what did yours run??, and also shadow24v i too can spin the tires from a 0 to about 8mph roll, it just plain eats them at a dead stop, no neutral drop., and pretty grippy tires.

·
Premium Member
2,528 Posts
Dunlop SP Sport A2+

I'm confused. Why did you go through the water box?

Every drag racing expert I have ever talked to says to skip the water box if you are running tires with tread... No mater how much you spin them, some water will stay in the tread. It will then run down and minimize traction when you launch. Not to mention the next guy will be pissed because the line is now wet...

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i know i know, i did it purely for fun and the video... i know your soposed to skip it unless your running slicks., i just wanted to throw up some smoke.
it acually caused traction loss... i got my 16.4 by skipping the box.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Adam you are truly, one of a kind, and that is why you are so beloved at Allpar. You think way waaaaaaaaaaaaay outside the box, and your stuff works anyway. ;)

·
Registered
184 Posts
hehe... bump to old noobish thread... time has passed, only update i have is that im atleast living in the same state as my van.... have an srt-4 now.. ? said that yet? it ran a [email protected] with just a wastegate.... anyway van is rusting to pieces.. smokes to hell and back, slight normalish knock on cold start. the longer i let it sit the harder its going to be for me to get it up and going again :( im still in the process of getting a house with a garage.. livin with sis in law right now till my wife (just got married) and i get on our feet.

edit: i dont really understand the transistion between sgt. minivan and adam delp... we are the same..

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.