Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Would I have to get a turbo crankshaft then?
Will the crank from a 86 2.2 turbo block work??
How much would it cost for a machine shop to drill and tap the oil return line?

EDIT: this is a 94 2.5L common block

·
Registered
15,058 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So then all I really have to do is use TII rods and get new turbo 2.5 pistons?
What type of head would you recommend?, as I have a 86 swirl and a 84 g-head.( I am assuming a roller cam for the g-head is a must!)

thanks

·
Registered
673 Posts
mock_glh said:
Same block.
I have seen a 94 NA block that had only crossdrill coolant passages and not the normal ones. I was going to use it but it seems a little scary since the crossdrilled holes plug up so easily.

I also strangely enough scored a forged crank from that 94 NA shadow block... They must have ran out of normal cranks that day or decided to use up existing stock.

-Rich

·
Premium Member
482 Posts
rfb6435 said:
I have seen a 94 NA block that had only crossdrill coolant passages and not the normal ones. I was going to use it but it seems a little scary since the crossdrilled holes plug up so easily.

I also strangely enough scored a forged crank from that 94 NA shadow block... They must have ran out of normal cranks that day or decided to use up existing stock.

-Rich

Wait... a forged 2.5 crank?

·
Registered
673 Posts
jonnymopar said:
Wait... a forged 2.5 crank?
No it was a 94 2.2 NA with forged crank.

I didn't even notice because I knew it had a cast crank. My machinist pointed it out after it was assembled (asking me where I got it) and sure enough it was.

-Rich

·
Premium Member
482 Posts
rfb6435 said:
No it was a 94 2.2 NA with forged crank.

-Rich
Oh man, I was gonna say everywhere I've read said that all the 2.5's came with cast cranks. I thought you struck gold for a second.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts