Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a few years ago i bought a GLHT which i was told had a motor from an 89 lebaron gtc, and i know its a 2.5 but i dont think its an 89 motor. Im looking to put in a Super 60 turbo(current turbo is blowing oil) ; car has +20 injectors, huge aftermarket intercooler, 3" exhaust, ported 2 piece intake/head/exhaust,warlboro fuel pump, etc... runs 12.6 in 1/4 mile; will this computer support it?? i found what appears to be a 3 bar map in the console however not plugged in/ and no pigtails to support it. any help on id-ing this computer and specs would be appreciated.

Attachments

·
Legendary Driver
10,948 Posts
make sure that chip get's a sticker over the window or it'll erase the code.

I'd make sure the car has a wideband O2 setup so you know if you have enough fuel. The computer seems to be a GLHS stage 2 factory MP cal with the mods listed on the sticker done to it. So above 14.7psi you're on your own when it comes to controlling fuel as it won't be increasing the pulse width beyond that.

·
Administrator
10,120 Posts
So a few years ago i bought a GLHT which i was told had a motor from an 89 lebaron gtc, and i know its a 2.5 but i dont think its an 89 motor. Im looking to put in a Super 60 turbo(current turbo is blowing oil) ; car has +20 injectors, huge aftermarket intercooler, 3" exhaust, ported 2 piece intake/head/exhaust,warlboro fuel pump, etc... runs 12.6 in 1/4 mile; will this computer support it?? i found what appears to be a 3 bar map in the console however not plugged in/ and no pigtails to support it. any help on id-ing this computer and specs would be appreciated.
I would buy a stage 5 FWDperformance.com computer to go with the mods, injectors and 3 bar map.

Add a wideband for watching AF and add a OTC scanner, 2000 or 4000 to watch for knock on a pass. Sounds like you may be ready for stage 2 though, but if you have the stuff for a stage 1 20 PSI build then you may want to stay there.

http://www.turbododge.com/forums/f4/f62/358228-getting-20-pounds-per-square-inch.html
http://www.turbododge.com/forums/f4/f62/387453-stage-2-build-thread-going-beyond.html

1 - 4 of 4 Posts