Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
would like to recalibrate my t1 computer to 15 psi my brohter send his to a guy who did his can anyone out there recalibrate mine

Scott

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
for 15psi you can use the stock computer and control the boost manually with a G-valve(grainger valve or MBC-manual boost controller), it will go up to 14psi before boost cutout.

You should use an intercooler though, also FWD performance sells computers, google it for info

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
the boost spike is going to happen if the WG isnt working great or if you have long vac lines for the valve(like mounting it in the passenger compartment)

FWD has good computers if you want to go that route, personally on a mostly stock car I dont see the point

·
Registered
999 Posts
MBC=very slight chance of spike, if it's done properly.

Other things need to be changed when raising the boost to keep it safe. Just raising the boost to 15 psi isn't going to do a whole lot. Increasing the boost with a computer like the ones FWD Performance sells is good because they change other parameters like fuel & spark tables, fan schedule, and spool time. Opening the exhaust & adding a K&N will do more than increasing boost only.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts