Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
90 Daytona Shelby, 96 Jeep XJ, '13 300C
5,968 Posts
You can't just throw a cone filter on a TBI motor like you can with the MPI setup. The filter is over the top of the throttle body like a carb unit. To do it properly you'd need to make some kind of funnel that mounted the same way as the over-the-top "air box" and run a tube to where your cone filter would be. At least that's the way it should be done. Probably other ways to do it though. Honestly, a cone filter likely wouldn't help it much if any. Just look for a K&N drop-in and go with that. Or switch everything to MPI. Or turbo it! :thumb:

· Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You can do this with a stock air box. Just cut the base alittle bigger than the filter and skerw the lid back on. You just got figure something out for the pcv system.
Any ideas on what to do about the pcv system?

I also pulled the cover off and the inside was drenched in oil. It was even starting to go through the stck air hose to the computer. Any reasons as to why it might be doing this? I just replaced the filter in the PCV outlet to the box.

· Registered
2,463 Posts
Haven't tried as the car hasn't ran for about 2 years now. The intake got a slight port job extra gaskets under the tbi. The motor blew so I decided to mess with it. I thinking something like a catch can for it. The car hasn't been finished yet no time for it. Been tring get my jeep finish for some wheeling and get my charger running for some cars shows this year.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.