Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, as I previously discussed several weeks ago, my 1985 LeBaron Convert turbo's digital dash began displaying rather "erratic" behavior......blinking off and on, all lights lighting up, switching between metric and U.S. measurements at a whim....and finally thought it was the dash cluster.

Now, after 5 different clusters, 4 different power modules (I think that's what they are.....the one behind the passenger's kick panel), three logic modules (the one under the hood)....it's still doing it but now has changed a bit.

First, let me say I have traced wires until I was blue in the face and fingers were raw......all grounds I could find, interior space, trunk, under hood......I even removed the dashboard almost completely to get behind it to check.....all grounds were absolutely clean and tight; all looked like they were just installed.

Second, I've now got a cluster/LM/PM combo that, while the dash still blinks off and on at will.....it only does it at low speeds. When I get on the interstate, for instance, and get my speed up over 55, the dash acts like nothing is wrong. Never blinks, never shuts off, nothing....just works like it should, except there is no odometer. (Well, sometimes a "0", zero, shows up in there, but it never changes from that figure....)

So, at highway speeds, it works pretty much like it should. At city speeds, it's horrible.

Any ideas? Maybe the distance/speed sensor on the trans? (Grasping at straws here....)

·
Registered
229 Posts
On the '85, the Logic Module is behind the passenger kick panel and the Power Module is the one near the battery.

If memory serves me right, there's a digital dash control circuit below the radio that all the sensors (oil, fuel, temp, etc.) goes to first. Have you looked at that?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts