Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I was taking my airbox out today I noticed that there was coolant in the bottom of the compressor housing of the turbo.... it's the stock mitsu,

should I be looking for another turbo now or is there something easy I could be missing?

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hey, haven't been around for a while-

anyway my other dodge van (a white '90 dodge ram 150 conversion van with a 3.9L engine and 185,000 miles) got stolen, along with the spare ECU I had, my airbox, a desktop computer, some tools, and my original turbo vacuum harness.

to say the least I am frustrated, but nevertheless,
before I go out to yonder junkyard to get some goodies (on tuesday), I have the chance to buy a rebuilt stocker t04h (since I think mine is toast anyway) for $100 or a SRT-4 turbo with the manifold for $125. So how much modification will I need to fit it to the minivan, would it respond well to that turbo, and would it be worth it? My (now very) long term plans will include a newly built from scratch engine and a t3t4 hybrid with (probably .57 trim as that's usually what I can get cheap here), but until I blow this engine up (which i am prepared for), I want to have some fun

all my budget pretty much disappeared when my other van got stolen as I had to build myself a new computer, and I know cheap + turbo is a dangerously bad combination and almost an oxy-moron, so I am sorry if I am blatantly ignoring good advice.

On my last junkyard trip I managed to nab a '88 toyota supra intercooler, so I plan on installing that and figuring out where I will put it (I am considering the old move the radiator, and remove the AC trick, but I really don't want to loose the AC) and I was planning to run lines to it using tubing found on other T-1 cars, but is there any cheaper (or at least same price and better) way to do this?

none of the junkyards I've gone to here have any T2 cars to grab the airbox from so I can have a stock looking appearance but retain the passthrough for the intercooler, so is there anything else I could do cheaply? (I have to go get another t1 box anyway so I can get my blowoff valve)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.