Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Premium Member
16,491 Posts
Let's give a huge congratulations to Jackson, aka Lotsashelbys, for winning the first Car of the Year 2010 with his TIII swapped 1991 Dodge Daytona!

· Premium Member
2,429 Posts
Thanks bro! and thanks to everyone who voted!

I might get some calendars made of all the COTM winners from 2011 so I have something to hang on the wall :)

Very surprised though, at how few view and vote? For the # of members on this site, there obviously aren't that many that frequent this area of the forum.

Although I have to admit, until the mass PM about Decembers COTM I had no clue what went on here either!

Maybe you guys need to keep up with the mass PM's for both entering AND voting for COTM, but keep it to first come first serve up to the limit of your polling thingy.

That way you don't get 50 cars entering one month and 5 the next. Who ever doesn't make the cut can just enter the next month and so on.

Thanks again! :dancing:

· Premium Member
2,429 Posts
Thanks guys! Lots of nice cars in this lot and I'm humbled that the Charger came out on top, but I couldn't think of a year that it was more deserving! (because of what it did at the track, not how it shows in pics)

Wasn't sure how that would play out on the forums though.

I think it would be great for more ppl to be aware of this, not just for bragging rights, but I really enjoyed seeing all the great pics of all the cars and especially the diversity out there!!!!!:thumb:

Hopefully the voting #'s will go up in the near future as more ppl become aware of this! (as I believe that ppl would enjoy seeing the pics as much as I have!)

:thumb:

· Premium Member
2,429 Posts
Nice job Rob! You really do have one hell of a car you built there! Im glad I got the pleasure of getting a ride in it last year. I can say to anyone its pretty nasty!
Thanks man, it was great to get a ride in your crazy Beast and I just had to return the favour!

Very cool that we both run that same turbo! I will be doing some upgrade/mods to make that monster flow even more efficiently trying to reach 600WHP before even thinking about changing it out.

It just has way too good street response and I really don't want to risk making a big change at this point and possibly giving up all the streetability the Charger has now! :D

· Premium Member
4,029 Posts
PLEASE GIVE CONGRADULATIONS TO BobD FOR WINNING CAR OF THE YEAR 2012!!

By 20 votes, 11 votes over second place, and nearly 36% of total!

Simply gorgeous 89 Daytona Shelby I have to say :thumb:

· Registered
2,986 Posts
Thanks Jonathan! I still need to get the new stripe kit on the car. Hopefully, I can get that done in the spring. I had another red '89 for almost 16 years. I really missed that car after I sold it and was really fortunate to stumble on this one.

· Premium Member
4,029 Posts
PLEASE GIVE CONGRADULATIONS TO fixer28 FOR WINNING CAR OF THE YEAR 2013!!

By 18 votes, 7 votes over second place, and nearly 26% of total!

A deserved win, lots of great ideas put into this truck and the targa top is just seeeexy :thumb:

· Premium Member
4,029 Posts
Poll finally closed!!!! And the results...

Congratulations to TurboZfan's 1984 Dodge Daytona Turbo Z for winning 2014 CAR OF THE YEAR!

I must note that this car is all original! Congrats to a dedicated owner of a gorgeous and now rare Daytona!

· Premium Member
108 Posts
Thanks everyone. It's an honor. I was happy to have won car of the month. There are so many great cars here, I didn't really think I would would win COTY. All the cars are absolutley gorgeous. I'll sport the TurboDodge stickers proudly!

· Read Only
129 Posts
Sweet, Sweet, Ride! Is that the one I've been seeing over the last four years that only has a few thousand original miles? I think I saw eBay listings for this back in 2010 or 2011-ish? There was also a gunmetal blue one with 10K miles that same year being sold by the same classic auto company.

Either way, Congrats!

Thanks everyone. It's an honor. I was happy to have won car of the month. There are so many great cars here, I didn't really think I would would win COTY. All the cars are absolutley gorgeous. I'll sport the TurboDodge stickers proudly!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.