Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:mad: Today I get to my house after school and theres a notice from the county saying that we have a inoperable cars violation and that we have 1 week to get the cars at my house either removed, running and registered or stored in a enclosed structure. There are only 3 cars at my house not running. The first is my 85 shelby charger that is close to being running after an engine swap. The other two are a 1977 jeep cj-7 that needs a new fuel tank and pump. The third is an 84 rampage im using for parts. The thing that pisses me off is that 1 week isnt enough to get them all running or removed and 2) its my f***ing property and they shouldnt be able to bitch that I have a couple of project cars. :bang head

Sorry for the long post, I was just wondering what you guys thought?

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
It used to happen all of the time to me in richmond VA. I heard a bunch of hot rodders got pissed off and got a petition going and changed it. It usually comes from a neighbor complaining. Look around your block and see who doesn't like you or your cars. It was the a-hole next door for me.

·
Registered
9,290 Posts
i would appeal it and be given a reasonable amout of time to make the necessary changes. i had a month just recently

·
Registered
920 Posts
Portable single car garage from Harbor Freight $169.00 (last sale flyer good to Dec 3rd)
It works for our local "Code Enforcement" (still pisses off the neighbor :D).

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
when I moved from Philly to Florida I towed my dart down here and just popped it in the side yard and within a week I got a similar letter. Up north if it was on your property you were cool. Down here they have people drive around in cars marked code enforcement looking for this. In the town I live in they use to have one guy working Monday to friday. Last year they hired 2 more people so they can drive around 7 days a week siting people for cars and lawns that need cut and people fixing their houses without permits. Putting a car cover or tarp on it doesn't cut it. They also do not check vin numbers either. After they sited me for my red dart a year later they sited me for my red charger as a reaccurance and doubled the fine to 200. It was kind of funny that one said red car under blue cover. My red charger R/T with expired PA tags was sitting in the side yard with a blue car cover and I had the red dart under a blue tarp buried in the back yard. Without a vin or even model on the sitation I didn't have a clue which one they were siting me for. When this happened I just bought my red R/T. So I had a cop come over and run the vin of the red charger R/T and red R/T to fill out the papers needed to get tags. I then tagged 2 of the 3 red cars and figured if they took me to court I could prove I tagged 2 red cars. If it was the red dart they sited I figured the judge would believe my line who would have 3 red cars. The weather is great down here but they do have some screwy laws and some of these laws seems to be all over the state.

I don't know what specific laws are in the county of the thread starter but one guy in the town I live in hearded his cars all close together and built a fence around them and they said it was ok. My fix was to finish the 30x40 garage I was building at the time.
Tim

·
Registered
477 Posts
Our township has been all over us since we moved here two and a half years ago. We keep our lawn mowed nice and everything we put down in the yard is well organized. We put up a 6 foot wooden fence along our driveway to block the view from the road. Nope, we werent allowed to have that, they made us take it back down. All they want is to have their noses rammed as far up our butts as they can get before we go postal on them and move. They even said we couldnt work on our OWN cars in our OWN driveway that my dad pays $1400 a month til he dies for!

Its practically a gated community in the middle of the country. Pathetic.

·
Banned
355 Posts
I put up a 6 ft stockade fence even with the edge of the house and store my extra cars and parts behind it. :thumb:
It makes the neighbors mad cause they know whats behind the fence. but its my property. and now they cant say anything. so i fell your anger about the neighbors. :mad:

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
I called my town a few years ago about a notice that my steel building had a rusty roof. When I asked to talk to the inspector, the woman laughed and said that would be difficult since he was back in jail for violating his parole?!!!!
AND the roof wasn't rusty. It was mildew from constant shade under big trees.

What it comes down to is your treasure is someone else's trash.

The wierdest thing I heard was one woman complaining because the neighbor's $2,000 swing set was visible to friends visiting?!?!?!

How about Wildwood Mo.? A couple built a new house backing up to the manure pile from a horse boarding facility. They tried for 15 years to get the horse facility shut down.

·
Registered
410 Posts
f*ck this f*cking BS country!!! U should be able to do WHATEVER THE F*CK U WANT ON YOUR OWN PROPERTY!!!!! WHAT THE F*CK?!?! Shit man, u pay all that money for your own land and the MAN can just step in and tell u what u can and can't do on it?! F*CK THAT!!!

·
We'll do it live!
7,614 Posts
onecrazyphucker i agree wholeheartedly. It's bullshit that you can get cited for having not running cars, unattractive things on YOUR property. It's crap. But i also agree with lotashelbys that there's no reason to get THAT pissed. but i would also agree that it's good to vent. I feel agreeable. And i think that people would agree that we should all get together and petition these laws.

They just passed an eyesore law here in cincinnati, basically that if there's something on your property that people don't like looking at you can get cited for it. Personally, i think dave's farm should thank god he's in canada.

·
Registered
12,120 Posts
f*ck this f*cking BS country!!! U should be able to do WHATEVER THE F*CK U WANT ON YOUR OWN PROPERTY!!!!! WHAT THE F*CK?!?! Shit man, u pay all that money for your own land and the MAN can just step in and tell u what u can and can't do on it?! F*CK THAT!!!
Man Josh was all that really needed? As Jackson said calm down, mainly with the F bombs bro...

·
We'll do it live!
7,614 Posts
just out of curiosity clayton, what's your take on the whole issue? Eyesore laws and whatnot

·
Registered
12,120 Posts
:)Im breaking one now... I talked to the guy that handles our codes and havnt heard a peep from him. And the Shadow ES is in clear view to the public and isnt able to seat on 4 wheels just high in the air with the rear let down:D

How I feel about the law... its ignorant. i pay for the property, both bank and GOVERNMENT I think what you do with it is your business to a degree. i dont think its the place of the government to say move it or lose it but rather a neighbprhood gathering to chit chat about what is making the NEIGHBORHOOD look trashy, not just a person or two complaining about how they dislike it. Those type of people need a hobby, lol maybe get into cars and see why we park them where and how we do:thumb:

·
We'll do it live!
7,614 Posts
very well put. and with that i'm goin to bed.

·
Premium Member
9,043 Posts
towns/villages/counties/townships/etc across our country have WIDELY varying regulations ranging from zero to fascist

when you move to a new location, you are moving into the already established rules in place there ; it doesn't do much good to move, THEN start complaining

if you feel the local regulations are too constraining, then either choose a different locale to live in OR try to get them changed - be part of the process, instead of just b*tching

or figure a way to comply: it may mean that you need a current registration and insurance on your 'non-running' car ; it may mean you need to buy a portable enclosure to cover it...

the local "City of Houghton" passed a law which forbids "non-outdoor furniture" to be outside your house. it was written to eliminate fraternities/sororities from having e.g. couches on their front lawns, BUT the actual effect is that you are not allowed to bring a kitchen chair out onto your front porch; IMO that's fascist, but I don't live there.

I am involved with the committee in my village (Lake Linden) which is currently drafting zoning regulations since we currently have NONE

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
If everyone that feels this is wrong voted Libertarian there would be no issue.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts