Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First, can I use pvc? Will it work just as well as steel?

Next, what do i do with the little hoses/ wires that go into the air filter box? can I just clamp them?

Thanks

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I figured id use it because of how easy it would be to manuever it. They make almost every angle couplers for pvc.

·
Legendary Driver
10,968 Posts
I suppose the air is coming from an intercoler? Get 2.5" exhaust pipe. Go to the J-yard and pop the hoods on any 87-93ish 3.0 V6 equipped Chrysler. Pull the hose that goes from the air filter box to the throttle body. In 87-88 they're 2.5" all the way, 89+ neck down smaller RIGHT AT THE TB!. Use the exhaust for straight sections and the hose for any bends you have to make. It's cheap and with some armorall looks good. I use the 89+ hose to get onto my turbo and my stock TB. Now, the hoses on the hot side last about a year or two under every day use. But they'll get you so you know what bends to buy in silicone. Nvr2old here sells custom silicone hoses for a decent price. I've bought 2 from him for my hot side. They're very nice.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I suppose the air is coming from an intercoler? Get 2.5" exhaust pipe. Go to the J-yard and pop the hoods on any 87-93ish 3.0 V6 equipped Chrysler. Pull the hose that goes from the air filter box to the throttle body. In 87-88 they're 2.5" all the way, 89+ neck down smaller RIGHT AT THE TB!. Use the exhaust for straight sections and the hose for any bends you have to make. It's cheap and with some armorall looks good. I use the 89+ hose to get onto my turbo and my stock TB. Now, the hoses on the hot side last about a year or two under every day use. But they'll get you so you know what bends to buy in silicone. Nvr2old here sells custom silicone hoses for a decent price. I've bought 2 from him for my hot side. They're very nice.
You mean buy new 2.5 exhaust pipe, or get one off of a junkyard car? Can I find that big a pipe on a car?

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
if your going to be hooking up an IC don't make the same mistake I did. it will cost you longer. Just go to an exhaust shop and show them where you want to mount it and have them bend pipe the pipe and mount it for you.

When I fist got my little DSM IC I used radiator hose and other crap and it never worked quite right and it would always blow a hose. I spent atleast $100 fixing it and setting it up and it would have set me back a little over $75 if I had just gone to the exhaust shop in the first place.

·
Legendary Driver
10,968 Posts
That's the beauty of the exhasut pipe and the hoses I suggested. I pressure tested the system and they held 80psi before blowing off :). They form some kind of slightly sticky bond with the pipe and you just need a worm gear clamp to hold that pressure. The only downside is they don't like the heat on the turbo or the hot side of the i/c. They last a year or 2 of daily driving before they rupture. But it gave me a mold/model to make custom silicone hoses on. Which I either have to have to have beads on the pipe with or a T-bolt clamp to hold a measly 20psi with.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts