Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want some crabs! ;) :rolleyes:
Something CLOSE....I'm in Iowa, quadcities for school, but I frequently get to Ames and Cedar Rapids even.
I'd prefer something pickup since they're $$$$ to ship, but if anyone has some sitting around collecting dust I'd like to get them to collect dust in my possession. Prefer them to be unmounted as well.....and cheap, cheap, cheap. Currently searching for parts I like to put a Daytona together when I get done w/ grad school! Anyone have any or even name off a junkyard near here would be great!

· Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not helpful and irrelevent. People will post a price regardless, it just keeps people from half way across the world from posting on here telling me they have the rims for $20, but then shipping it hundreds. Thanks for posting that though, super nice guy you are for the advice. ;)

· Registered
3,600 Posts
I'd give them to you for scrap price if you picked them up... if you can get a set for $80 that's about scrap price. I get $.80/pound for scrap aluminum rims. average rim is in the 20-25 pound range. doing the math puts each rim nearly $20.

· Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yea, all the local yards sell rims for that cost. Just no crabs....I'll google your town, I have a couple friends from Wisc, maybe its close to them.

· Banned
1,448 Posts
I'd give them to you for scrap price if you picked them up... if you can get a set for $80 that's about scrap price. I get $.80/pound for scrap aluminum rims. average rim is in the 20-25 pound range. doing the math puts each rim nearly $20.

20-25 pounds for 15" crab rims????

damn I need to borrow your scale next time I scrap some rims :confused:

· Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yea, I lost your contact....I did get a TurboZ hood and a couple other misc things. That car is an '89 ES w/ the works, but the counsel in it is absolutely shredded, someone threw the manifolds in there and they caught it, tore it up bad.
Have you seen any crabbers at any yards near you Rick?

· Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That' be fantastic. I plan on calling a couple more yards around here. I'll see if they have what you're looking for as well.

· Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just out of curiousity I see another posting that someone is looking for a set of 6.5" crabs. I didn't think they came in different sizes, am I wrong?

· Registered
2,986 Posts
Just out of curiousity I see another posting that someone is looking for a set of 6.5" crabs. I didn't think they came in different sizes, am I wrong?
Yes, Shadows came with 6 inch and Daytonas came with 6.5.
Here in the Twin Cities, they get about $14 for a rim, but there's also a $15 core if I remember right. It was $12 and $10 last summer. So when I got a set from the salvage yard last summer, I didn't have cores. So, it still ran me about $94.00 for a set of 6.5 inch crabs. Right now it would be about $123 with tax.
Good luck I know there arent any around here at this time. Getting pretty rare now.

· Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Awesome, thanks guys....still searching, I know they can't be THAT rare, when I was into these cars people were practically giving them away. Just gotta find them now.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.