Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve seen videos on how to fix a cracking dash but my Daytona has a red interior. It only has one where if it’s pressed it’ll get bigger, only problem is I haven’t been able to find a solution that matches the color. If anyone knows where I can get something like that? Thanks in advanced!

·
Administrator
26,189 Posts
Welcome To TD!!!
I also have a Red Interior, Interior Trim Code R8 Bordeaux Red
Font Parallel Paper Document Number

I developed a crack over the HVAC/Radio Bezel on the dash about 15-20 years ago(?). I attempted to have mine professionally repaired, when the first crack appeared and the repair was not successful.
I worked as a Service Tech at Jeep and we had a guy that came out weekly to repair things on the used cars such as dash boards, cigarette holes in carpet and seats, scuffs on panels, etc. and he even told me before he started he was not sure the repair would be successful, the issue being that the dash had become hard/brittle and is no longer pliable so the repair will not take and the crack will continue to spread, which it did.
If you cannot push your finger slightly into the dash material and have it spring back there is no repair that I am aware of that will last.
As you can see in this pic taken in 2010 the crack is still present and the entire dash has gotten much worse over the years since (more cracks, losing its luster, etc.) (Car has lived outside for 32 years and is my only car and daily driver)
Car Vehicle Gear shift Motor vehicle Speedometer

What is the solution??? I have no idea.
Good Luck, hope you are able to find something that works.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah mine is just below where yours is. I had pressed it and ultimately I made it slightly bigger and it sprung back but looks like I’ll just have to diy it and see what happens. But thank you!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts