Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was having some slow idle reactions, occasional stalling, so I thought I'd spend a hour on a nice day and clean the ais. This thing is insanely complicated for a dodge part. Thought it would just be a pintle solenoid type, but when I got it out, I was surprised. Didn't want to take it apart at first, but gumout wasn't loosening it up. Started to slowly break it down when the dang planetary gears fell out on the ground. And wtf is the point of the spring loaded valve part when the spring clip is so tight it just binds up the plastic keyed/castle looking parts. Very frustrating. Anyway, put it back the best i could, FULLY cleaned and lightly coated with thin oil, but I have done it wrong. Now idle is stuck at 1300 and won't change (at least if fixed the occasional stalling problem:banana:). It looked to me like there was a very slight offset from the center on the top portion of the planetary gear drive. Anyway, i think how i put it together made it bind all up, even though plenty of oil. If you look closely at the planet gears, the bottom and top halves are inline on some, and offset on at least one other. Also, one seemed to have a slightly red/dark bronze color, as if to signify it was special. There was also a small triangular pointer on the planetary gear carrier. Anyone know or have a diagram on how to put this thing back together? If not, anyone have a used one for sale (entire thing, not taken apart)?
Thanks

·
Legendary Driver
10,968 Posts
yep they do. Did you do the setting the idle procedure? Basically you need to remove the brake booster line while the engine is running. This lets the idle shoot up and the ECU will close the AIS as far as it'll go. When it is closed (no vacuum going through the passage) unplug the AIS and reconnect the brake booster line. Now set the idle using the stop screw that holds the throttle blade open. After the idle is set, shut the car off, plug the AIS back in and you should be golden.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts