Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
9,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at talking to a fellow Iroc R/T owner and told me he had cross-drilled rotors front and rear on his car with carbon fiber pads.Told me his braking was seriously sweet now. I was able to find corss-drilled rotors for sale on FWDp, but does anybody know about the carbon fiber pads? the guy isnt around now and wanted to get some prices if i could. Are cross-drilled any better than slotted rotors?

·
Registered
751 Posts
carbon metallic pads maybe? Carbon fiber is a fabric so I'm not sure how you would turn it into a pad
I know Brembo makes rotors for the R/Ts, I've heard that power stops warp easily but it might be the crazy drivers

·
Registered
682 Posts
xtrempickup said:
anybody else got any ideas?
These were bought off ebay sometime ago. They sell them in black, silver and gold. 179+ shipping for all 4. You have to make sure to tell that its a DOHC car for the 11 inch. The have a choice of slotted, drilled or default which is what you see in the pic, a combo of both. The gold cost $4 more per rotor. Think I'm glad they sent me the wrong finish :D
[/IMG]

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
ive had no problems with cross drilled rotors on my car. i also added stainless steel brakes lines while i was at it. i get absolutely no brake fade at all. i also dont get hardly and dust on the wheels. (these are white csxt wheels may i add so you can see it clearly if it does.) the rotors were on the car when i got it and have many miles on them and show no signs of cracking. and the car has been road raced. plus i live in the mountains which puts a lot of strain on the brakes. they have never given me any problems. fwd performance sells them. which is the ones that are on my car. but i dont have the 11" setup mine are stock sized. i couldnt imagine how it would stop with the big brakes. i almost feel like i get whiplash sometimes this car stops so hard. my setup is the following

stock sized 10.25" vented front rotors cross drilled
stock sized 10.6" rotors non vented cross drilled
stainless steel brakes lines all the way around
and im assuming stock pads i dont know what type they are but have good wear to them

hope this helps you out on your decision. although i cant say how good the bigger rotors are at cracking resistance.

·
Banned
748 Posts
It's my car that Tom's referring to. I bought all these about 4.5 years ago and they were the best I could get at the time, I.E. not cheap. Here's the link to the pads: http://www.supercoupeperformance.com/kvr_brake_pads.htm
They market them as Carbon Fibre but then later they say they are Semi-metallic with CF weaving. All I can say is they bring the car down hard and shed little dust on the wheels.

I forget where I got the rotors from but they have more hols in them than any other cross drilled rotor I have seen. As stated before cross drilled rotors are prone to cracking, this is true. But only when drilled after machining. Good cross drilled rotors are cast as cross drilled rotors and have a nice chamfer on the holes. Again, I'm no expert on these but when it came to brakes I tried to get the best there was and there wasn't much to choose from then.

·
Banned
748 Posts
I know motorcycle pads cost a good buck. I was expecting to hear "I'd rather got with $39.99 Premium pads from (name your favorite parts store)".

As I said I've had the pads on the car for over 4 years and atleast 20K miles. I do use the brakes, not hard all the time but I make them work. And they have plenty of pad left on them.

·
Registered
15,058 Posts
Turbo3IROC said:
I know motorcycle pads cost a good buck. I was expecting to hear "I'd rather got with $39.99 Premium pads from (name your favorite parts store)".

As I said I've had the pads on the car for over 4 years and atleast 20K miles. I do use the brakes, not hard all the time but I make them work. And they have plenty of pad left on them.
Not from me, I know what good pads cost, heck, even some regular cars cost that much!

·
Registered
682 Posts
Turbo3IROC said:
It's my car that Tom's referring to. I bought all these about 4.5 years ago and they were the best I could get at the time, I.E. not cheap. Here's the link to the pads: http://www.supercoupeperformance.com/kvr_brake_pads.htm
They market them as Carbon Fibre but then later they say they are Semi-metallic with CF weaving. All I can say is they bring the car down hard and shed little dust on the wheels.

I forget where I got the rotors from but they have more hols in them than any other cross drilled rotor I have seen. As stated before cross drilled rotors are prone to cracking, this is true. But only when drilled after machining. Good cross drilled rotors are cast as cross drilled rotors and have a nice chamfer on the holes. Again, I'm no expert on these but when it came to brakes I tried to get the best there was and there wasn't much to choose from then.
If you are speaking of the KVR rotors, yeah they have an awful lot of drilled holes. Does KVR make rotors for the RT?................I can still edit....found the answer and the answer is yes they do make rotors. thnx.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts