Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cross posted...

Just wanted to let you know, whoever you are, that you completely made my day by being on 694E at 12:15pm.

I saw you coming in my side mirror and I was like, "Wow, that looks like a CSX grill..." "Wow, wait .. it says Shelby on the windshield." "HOLY SHIT THAT'S A CSX VNT!!!"

So I waved. I was the girl in the blue SRT.

Thanks for making my day.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I thought that was you.

I had a meeting in Maplewood. I thought I would take the CSX on a road trip to make sure it is roadworthy for my planned Volo, Illinois trip this Memorial weekend.

My car is running pig rich right now. I need to replace the O2 sensor.

You made my day also - pretty girls don't wave to me often! lol

robin

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Haha, I don't even know exactly what's going on there. I just assumed that was the place you were going if you didn't go to BIR to race that Wednesday.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
shay said:
Haha, I don't even know exactly what's going on there. I just assumed that was the place you were going if you didn't go to BIR to race that Wednesday.
It's an all Shelby-only car show. Shelby cobra's, Shelby Mustangs, and numbered Shelby dodge cars. They only want numbered cars in the show, so shelby daytona's and GLHT's don't count. It's a Sat/Sun deal. Carroll is rumored to be there, but we'll see. I'd love to meet him again(already met him once). It's in Volo, IL.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SuperSleeper said:
Pretty girls like Turbo Dodges?! I'm living in the wrong part of the state.
My boyfriend is the one who has your turbo minivan!

sy2206 said:
It's an all Shelby-only car show. Shelby cobra's, Shelby Mustangs, and numbered Shelby dodge cars. They only want numbered cars in the show, so shelby daytona's and GLHT's don't count. It's a Sat/Sun deal. Carroll is rumored to be there, but we'll see. I'd love to meet him again(already met him once). It's in Volo, IL.
Sounds like it might make for a fun weekend!!

·
Registered
650 Posts
I thought that might be you--he said his gf has an SRT. :) I've talked to him way too much to not have met him. You guys should swing out to Apple Valley one of these days.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
SuperSleeper said:
I thought that might be you--he said his gf has an SRT. :) I've talked to him way too much to not have met him. You guys should swing out to Apple Valley one of these days.
Yeah for sure. I'm sure you miss the turbo mini, huh? :)

OH AND I WANT TO SEE THE DAYTONA. Ryan told me you bought one. I can't remember if it's a Shelby Z or what it is.

As soon as I get the SRT to where I want it to be, I'm going to start saving for an '89 Shelby Daytona!!

·
Registered
650 Posts
shay said:
Yeah for sure. I'm sure you miss the turbo mini, huh? :)

OH AND I WANT TO SEE THE DAYTONA. Ryan told me you bought one. I can't remember if it's a Shelby Z or what it is.

As soon as I get the SRT to where I want it to be, I'm going to start saving for an '89 Shelby Daytona!!

I do miss the van a little bit. It was fun while it lasted--hope it's coming along for Ryan.

And yes, my Tona is an 87 Shelby Z. I might get torn apart one of these days though... it's getting a turbo transplant. :thumb:

·
Registered
146 Posts
Hey - I was driving to work last week in my '89 CSX, headed East on I-94 and was passed by a guy driving another '89 CSX near downtown St. Paul - I rolled down the window and waved and the other driver waved back......who was it? I almost never see another Shelby Dodge on the road. Thanks.

Peter
'89 CSX #216
(See you at the Shakopee Mopar show)

·
Registered
205 Posts
Someone needs to drive a CSX through winona so i can say ive seen one too. Hardly any shelbys here except the 86 charger my buddy has. Its that time of the year again 15+ hrs a day so i will be in the market for a decent car. Good luck with everything
$chedda$

1 - 16 of 16 Posts