Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wasnt sure where this belongs but figure some would be interested in the build:thumb:

1984 Rampage 2.2 carb being converted from 110 horse to a TURBOGODS TOYS Conversion Shelby front end,<BR>
5 lug coversion, Dodge Daytona Shelby Z 2.2 turbo with hybrid ".48 ar T-3/T-4 70 ar" 40% injectors,<BR>
Grand national adjustable regulator, forged venolia pistons .030 over, new energy syspension, struts, cross drilled rotors, new brakes,
<BR><BR>

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Now onto building a custom intercooler. I used one from a wrecked srt4 that just the end tank was damage, which i needed to make my own end tank to get the pipe where i wanted it to go.. after making it out of cardboard I cut out the pieces then took it to Brice @ Alamo Autosports in Arlington, tx to get him to weld the aluminum. Fits nice!! :note I had problems with hood clearing where i made the brackets t top of core support.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
painting it under the hood and putting the energy suspension on cross drilled rotors and new brake pads and calipers

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Holy hell that is one epicly massive intercooler
yea it is :brows: it was free so to speak cost me $150 for welding it and the aluminum pipes.. 4" thick

·
Premium Member
10,179 Posts
If you lived any further north than Texas, i'd suggest putting some sort of heater in that thing for the winter, I can see ice crystals forming on your intake hhahaha:lmao:

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you lived any further north than Texas, i'd suggest putting some sort of heater in that thing for the winter, I can see ice crystals forming on your intake hhahaha:lmao:
Thats a good oneI havent heard that before..

P.S. the wheels came from a 2005 Pt Cruiser convertible turbo i am sure i will be asked..lol

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
I envy you! I just done with a build too but my car still looks like yours before it got painted :p

Great job! Get a vid of it running :thumb:

·
Premium Member
5,951 Posts
Man that looks Epic love the pt wheels on it and you did exactly what i did on my turismo paint the engine bay black, i was kinda iffy about it until i did it and it turned out awesome:thumb:

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Man that looks Epic love the pt wheels on it and you did exactly what i did on my turismo paint the engine bay black, i was kinda iffy about it until i did it and it turned out awesome:thumb:
Not sure if i should add something to the body it seems to be just to much black.. Maybe a cuda style stripe in silver? or should it be in red so it will match the engine color? Engine i painted 8 years ago and now the red is a little old but was to lazy to repaint it black.. lol

striped like this

The AAR Rampage Stripe Set

·
Premium Member
5,951 Posts
I would say go with the AAR stripe set that looks awesome on the rampage and again nice build:thumb:

·
Registered
651 Posts
Red stripes is what came to my mind, but there will need to be more red on the car to blend it in. Silver or gray on the black would blend nicely with those wheels. Good job Steve.
BTW: I was looking at some used dynos for you at landandsea.com.

·
Premium Member
10,120 Posts
OMG that's sexy. Those wheels look lame on a PT but look really good on an old sharp edged Rampage. I hope my 84 DC gets done before I die.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
And subscribe.

That was a fast build; what was that 48 hours? lol

I guess I won't paint mine black now. :)
I would say i have about 80 hours in the build.. keeping in mind the motor and trans were assemble beore i started.
8 hours to strip it under hood (motor,trans, wiring, exhaust,suspension)
8 cleaning and painting under and arond the hood
8 to get the motor in and wiring in
8 or so suspension and brakes
8 for remove and install 1/3 of the interior and install front clip
16 of sanding and painting maybe more but the body was pretty straight
roughly..
had other projects to do in between so took a couple of months off and on to build

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Red stripes is what came to my mind, but there will need to be more red on the car to blend it in. Silver or gray on the black would blend nicely with those wheels. Good job Steve.
BTW: I was looking at some used dynos for you at landandsea.com.
u just gave me an idea.. maybe the striped in silver and outlined with a super thin red pin stripe?:thumb: it looks pretty good now that it has tint.. looks like my glhs charger

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.