Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've mentioned this before, so here's a pic of the middle console I built.
I made it outta wood...padding and leopard skin on hinged/opening top. It is supported on the bottom by wood that rests in the little cravis on the middle console, and a chrome pole that sits down into the rear drink holder....

(stock arm rest is just TEMPORARILY moved out of the way for picture taking purposes only...it is usually down and neither interfere with each other ! )

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was initially intended to be an armrest for the passenger before they had the aftermarket ones...then in turned into a fully functional console (needed an armrest for my buddy for our 8 hour drive to River Falls WI for Chiefs training camp)

·
Registered
17,709 Posts
Good job! I've always wondered why the DC engineers failed to design a fully built-up center console with a nice padded top. If they had, they could have eliminated the need for the armrests.

·
Registered
194 Posts
great job do you have the measurements I would love to build one also :) Unless you would be so kind as to build it for me HaHa. :)

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
jrs2002 ronjon said:
great job do you have the measurements I would love to build one also
No, I have no measurements...this was one of the those "build, measure, rebuild" projects...sorry..

I much as I would love to build these, pieces laying around my house (3" dia chrome pipe, carpet pad, farbic, scrap wood, used hinges) just happened to fall together nicely...

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Juicy said:

No, I have no measurements...this was one of the those "build, measure, rebuild" projects...sorry..

I much as I would love to build these, pieces laying around my house (3" dia chrome pipe, carpet pad, farbic, scrap wood, used hinges) just happened to fall together nicely...
If I had parts & pieces that layed around fall together like that, I'd be an engineer! :}

Looks GREAT...Juicy :D

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
Looks great!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts