Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if i absolutly have to make a custom computer box cooled by a 12volt fan so it wont burn up? So i can put a Cold air intake on it. ANY input would prove very helpful... Also its a 93' 3.0 in a shadow

·
Banned
2,837 Posts
Jetson8294 said:
Does anyone know if i absolutly have to make a custom computer box cooled by a 12volt fan so it wont burn up? So i can put a Cold air intake on it. ANY input would prove very helpful... Also its a 93' 3.0 in a shadow
they are not needed unless you are running in the desert. it just doesnt get hot enough. if you still want on, cut a hole into the side of it, and take a computer fan and screw it into the side of it to blow air directly onto the heat sink. i did that at one point.

frank

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
i live in texas and it gets pretty hot and all i did was remove the cover so the ecu was exposed.
never had a preoblem ever

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
3.0 acclaim said:
i live in texas and it gets pretty hot and all i did was remove the cover so the ecu was exposed.
never had a preoblem ever
Ok thank you guys... you guys help alot!

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Shoot, you don't even need it in the desert. Roger ran his out in DEATH VALLEY in 125 degree temperatures, and never had a bit of trouble.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts