Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These are pics of the custom intercooler brackets I made for my '90 VNT Shadow. The car is getting de-VNT'd to T3/T4 status and I'm using the large NPR intercooler in place of the stock one. I have seen a few NPR installs in other cars and noticed that they weren't up high and centered as well as they could be, so I set out on a mission to take care of that. Having it offset too much to one side and too low promotes the ambient airflow to go around the large gaps instead of through. And, having it centered assured me that airflow would pass through the entire core and not being partially blocked on the backside of the radiator support.

If anyone needs anything similar for their car (or anything else), please feel free to contact me at my email addy below.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
2.2=8 said:
Nice work Steve, I'd like to see how the IC hangs from them. Do those brackets bolt to the upper Rad. bulkhead? Warren

Hey Warren, thanks for the comments. Especially from a creative machinist as yourself.

Those brackets actually hang from the lower rad support where the front motor mount attatches to, but the opposite side (front side.) There is a long piece of U-channel the factory uses to reinforce that area. You'll notice the slots I have in these brackets, and it is meant to snap right over it and bolt to the existing NPR attatchment points.

I have the project car burried right now, but tomorrow or Tuesday I will take pics of the cooler mocked up into position along with a 3rd bracket I made for the top part. I also had to remove material from the grill's brackets to make the NPR fit. As it sits in posittion, there's about 1/16th clearance from the hood latch and about the same from the inside corner of the grill.

When I post more pics, it will make better sense :D

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Warren, I just un-buried the project car and took a quick pic to show you the basic placement of the brackets I made. I was not able to mock everything up as I forgot how much everything was taped up after it was shot last fall(it's in primer.. not making a DC clone) Not the best pics, but now you can get a basic idea. In a couple weeks after it is painted, I'll make a post and show pics of the entire clean install so other's can get ideas from.

Also, you can tell from the pic, the car is in the "oh my freaking lord I have alot to do" stage right now. No interior, no K- frame, just a shell and the rear axle.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts