Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Needed to change a wheel bearing (92 daytona ES) so decided to change the struts and lower it by cutting springs. Got the struts from a 89 ES an did the necessary swaps so it all would match. But ok, so I cut the back springs by a half coil each and it dropped it between 3/4-1in, and it sits awesome. So in the fronts I cut a full coil on the 92 springs and that dropped it too much, so I replaced them with the 89 springs which appeared to already be half a coil shorter than the stock 92 springs (aka putting half a spring back on) but when I set the car on the ground, the back set down nicely but the front actually picked up a half inch (I tested it by pushing the wheel up with the jack until the whole car picked up). On the jack, it appeared it would lower the thing a good inch but after setting it down it actually LIFTED it a half inch...any explanations?

·
Administrator
10,119 Posts
when you cut springs often the spring cocks side ways and can come off the seat. Then when you lower the car it is riding up on the seat raising the car. Basically something isn't fitting right if you cut them and it raised.

It also sounds like you were changing parts around too. Could be those springs aren't exactly the same and giving you a different out come. When you change too much at once a lot can happen lol

1 - 2 of 2 Posts