Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I know what's wrong... I didn't plug the electrical connector back into the temperature sensor. Ugh!!!

I had the cylinder head rebuilt and for all those that don;t know what you have to go through to just pull off the cylinder head... consider spending the +2,000 a mechanic will charge you to do it. Hahaha Now I did more than just rebuild the cylinder head I replaced the water pump, timing belt, accessory belts, hoses.. I tried to do as much as I could to ensure my daughter's car was going to be good while she was at college.

So I turn the car over and I get a check engine light (P0118) and a high temperature lamp was lit. I forgot to plug in the electrical connector to the ECT sensor. I see the sensor but... where do I find the electrical connector?

Yes, I'm trying to avoid taking things a part again. Any body have a clue? Apparently, I don't. :shrug:

·
Premium Member
10,179 Posts
For 2.4's they run that much, especially PT's, as there are large aluminum covers covering the T-belts. I can see why they would charge so much, because its a PITA, but I couldn't ever justify myself charging so much.

Good luck with the connector/sensor issue

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I found the connector (ECT). It was lying low near the bottom of the motor. I have it partially rerouted but couldn't get any further progress. I removed the upper intake and made a little more progress. I think I may have to remove the lower intake as well or... snip the two wires and add maybe 2 to 4 inches of length to those wires. Ugh! How could I have missed that connector after all of that work. :poop: :poop: :poop:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok now that the ECT has been connected.. I have one more item not connected the fan. OMG.

The fan assembly has two connectors on it. One large connector.. which is connected.

I don't recall seperating the other connector on the fan assembly??? It is a small orange two prong connector. Is both of your connectors connected??? :bang head

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I found the second much sammler connector on the fan assembly. Since the male and female connection are both located on the fan assembly, I wonder why it had been disconnected? I don't think it would prevent me from removing the fan assembly???

:poop: :poop: :poop:

Hahaha that guy makes laugh

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.